How long did it take you to study for this?

hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
Folks,

I am looking to take this for WGU or the organizational behavior and leadership class. I need to get one done by end of August (but really 8/22 since I go away for vacation then) so I can get the other added for September.

As a gauging point, it took 3 weeks to get Security+, and about 5 weeks to pass each half of the Linux+. I know they are hard to relate to this test, but I'm sure others can compare with how long it took them to pass those versus how long it took to pass this.

Thanks!

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Too long. Mostly because I found it excruciatingly boring. Probably a month.
  • ITBotITBot Member Posts: 114 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1 month. Brutal to get through by the way. I took about the same amount of time for Security +, but at least Security + was interesting. The organizational and behavior test took about a week. Super easy and minimum study. If you want a sure thing, I'd take that.
  • hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Okay guys. I was going to get ambitious and try to get both done by end of August, but I might just not force the issue. I enrolled in the organization class instead. Should I bother studying for the Project+ before I go away on vacation? Or will I forget it? I would still have 1 full month to do it. I know it's going to be boring :/
  • aderonaderon Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It took about a week and a half. I think it was like 1 week of reading and another 2-3 days of studying. I was a business admin major at one point though and was familiar with a lot of it already. Plus, unlike a lot of others, I found it really interesting. YMMV

Also, I believe I still have my study notes if you want those. PM me if you're interested.
    2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)
    aderon wrote: »
    It took about a week and a half. I think it was like 1 week of reading and another 2-3 days of studying. I was a business admin major at one point though and was familiar with a lot of it already. Plus, unlike a lot of others, I found it really interesting. YMMV

Also, I believe I still have my study notes if you want those. PM me if you're interested.

Okay, thank you.
  • TampaITTampaIT Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did the Organizational Behavior and Leadership class in 2 weeks, and the Project+ in 3 weeks (to pass the final for the voucher) and another week of studying for the cert exam, which I passed this morning with an 817/900.

Do the UCertify 399 practice questions thoroughly, and you will be fine. They even give a detailed reason why it's the correct answer, as well as why it's NOT the incorrect answers.

I start the new Linux+ classes next month.
    Okay. Did you take notes for Project+ Says you do not need to.

What about OBL? I have read the first 2 (out of 11?) chapters and have taken notes. It's VERY boring and painstaking.
    I got a 61% on the practice test for OBL.

Nothing on the 2 chapters I read was on there....so I must be some sort of natural leader. Is 51% the cut score for the real exam? If so....should I just take a stab at it???
    I got a 83% on the final. Did some serious cramming in two days to pass this. Going to add c483 and finish that before I go on vacation at the end of August so I can do Project+ in September.
  • auxiliarypriestauxiliarypriest Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Project took me about 2 weeks. I highly recommend flash cards for Project+ because most of it is purely memorization (especially formulas). Here are a couple of charts that helped me a ton with Project.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bwj0IXhlkId8fmFVa0VhTWc4ZVRwTUtkbmRUOFNUSTNUcE5tV2I3emM1T0hfT2lmbVpYWUU&usp=sharing
    2020 Goals: [x ] C|HFI [x] CySA+ [x ] MSCSIA
    Connect with me on Linkedin, just say you're from TechExams
  • the_emuthe_emu Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Began studying Sunday, August 2, took the test Saturday, August 15. Scored 832. The UCertify course is the exact same material as the Sybex book (so don't buy that). But read start to finish (maybe jot down a note here and there regarding the formulas). Then, take all of the practice exams in _learn_ mode, and take them several times until you score in the high 80's/90's. The exam looks exactly like these practice exams, and some have even the exact same wording. The only wording in UCertify, not in the real exam is those annoying "select all that may apply" - they'll tell you to select 1 or 2 and not confuse you.

So <2 weeks. The practice tests in UCertify, in LEARN mode, are your best chance for success. I didn't dedicate a whole lot of effort into this, but of course there's a time commitment to get through the practice tests. It's worth it to not have to retake anything :)
    Lol, I've been at his for 6 weeks now. Soooooooo slow and boring. I went away on vacation though and that kind of derailed everything. I need to finish it by the end of this month since the term ends. I've taken 18000 notes and I suck at the uCertify tests. Clearly have a low retention rate on this one unfortunately.
  • newinew54newinew54 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @The_EMU... which test did you take.. JK0-17 or PK0-003. I have seen the UCertify reference but not sure for which test.. Also.. do you know if the Certify practice test is the same as the Sybex book?