CISM Application/Payment Email Sent - July 17
ISACA Certificate Auto Reply - July 17
ISACA Confirm Receipt of CISM Application - July 20th
ISACA Confirm Receipt 2 of CISM Application - July 21th
-Application Status: Unreviewed
-Certification Status: Application Submitted

Comments

• wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am not sure if I qualify for CISA as I "implement" and do not "evaluate" things as required in the Task Statements.

I sent ISACA an e-mail, waiting for a response.
  • denwdenw Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi

I Just got my CISM Passed.

I am preparing my CISM application, do you know the experience verification process? Do I need to find a CISM/CISA Certified person to verify my InfoSec experiences?

Thanks
  • bill clancybill clancy Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You will get a letter from ISACA instructing you to go on their website & download the experience paperwork, or you can fill it out on line. You need someone to vouch for you.(A former or current boss is best) It's a bit difficult as most people aren't too fond of putting themselves on the line, for no personal benefit. ISACA's verification is a bit more difficult than ISC2's (CISSP), as it is quite detailed, and if they have any question at all, they send it back to you for further clarification. Each cert has a different form, and different requirements, and it gets a bit mucky if you earn 2 or 3 from them. (I have a CISA, CISM & CRISC).
    You will get a letter from ISACA instructing you to go on their website & download the experience paperwork, or you can fill it out on line. You need someone to vouch for you.(A former or current boss is best) It's a bit difficult as most people aren't too fond of putting themselves on the line, for no personal benefit. ISACA's verification is a bit more difficult than ISC2's (CISSP), as it is quite detailed, and if they have any question at all, they send it back to you for further clarification. Each cert has a different form, and different requirements, and it gets a bit mucky if you earn 2 or 3 from them. (I have a CISA, CISM & CRISC).

Thanks for the information.
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Is Isaca planning on changing the endorsement process any time soon? This is really an outdated way of operating.
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Probably not... IMO that process is pretty emblematic of their approach to things, i.e., the way it's always been done. They don't see any need to change it.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • corpseccorpsec Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ISACA Confirm Receipt of CISM Application - July 20th
    -Application Status: Unreviewed
    -Certification Status: Application Submitted
    Does anyone know whether we need to check all the boxes on each statement? Or just need to check some of the boxes?
    wd40 wrote: »
    I am not sure if I qualify for CISA as I "implement" and do not "evaluate" things as required in the Task Statements.

I sent ISACA an e-mail, waiting for a response.

I received an elastic response to a specific question.

Basically I can claim that I have experience and need to get it verified :D ..

denw:
    For CISA certification, you need experience in at least one job practice domain. There are no specific number of tasks that you need to check off. You will need to check off any and all tasks that apply to your work. You will, of course, need to have this work verified.

So you just need to check some boxes.

• acomoacomo Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hi guys, need some help with the application if you could help me out.

i have passed the june exam and now completed the application, managers verified my experience, scanned the signed copy and have the pdf.

i am sending the pdf to certification@isaca.org correct?

and then? i have to pay? where? they are going to send me an email back asking me to pay?

thanks
    acomo wrote: »
    hi guys, need some help with the application if you could help me out.

i have passed the june exam and now completed the application, managers verified my experience, scanned the signed copy and have the pdf.

i am sending the pdf to certification@isaca.org correct?

and then? i have to pay? where? they are going to send me an email back asking me to pay?

thanks

never mind i got it and payed, my current status:

13 June exam date
    17 July email - pass exam
    28 July send application
    28 July received auto-reply email
    29 July paid the 50usd fee
    29 July received the confirmation email, waiting for accreditation (max 8 weeks)
    acomo wrote: »
    never mind i got it and payed, my current status:

13 June exam date
    28 July send application
    28 July received auto-reply email
    29 July paid the 50usd fee
    29 July received the confirmation email, waiting for accreditation (max 8 weeks)
    The "We recently received your application for the CISM certificate" email I received said processing up to 3 weeks. Did yours say 8 weeks?
    corpsec wrote: »
    The "We recently received your application for the CISM certificate" email I received said processing up to 3 weeks. Did yours say 8 weeks?
    yeap 8 weeks.
  • csiciliacsicilia Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    In my case I received a first email with "8 weeks" and one day later another email with "3 weeks", this is my timeline:
    13 June exam date
    17 July 30 minutes later, application fee paid & application sent
    17 July received auto-reply email
    20 July received email “Thank you for your email. I can confirm receipt of your CISA application. Should any additional documents be needed, we will be in contact with you. This processing can take up to 8 weeks….”
    21 July received email “The processing of your application has begun and the time needed to complete it (up to 3 weeks)…”
    30 July Application Status: Unreviewed
    csicilia wrote: »
    In my case I received a first email with "8 weeks" and one day later another email with "3 weeks", this is my timeline:
    13 June exam date
    20 July received email “Thank you for your email. I can confirm receipt of your CISA application. Should any additional documents be needed, we will be in contact with you. This processing can take up to 8 weeks….”
    21 July received email “The processing of your application has begun and the time needed to complete it (up to 3 weeks)…”
    30 July Application Status: Unreviewed

I just double checked and the first thank you email, also said 8 weeks and the 2nd processing email that came in the next day said 3 weeks =) So I suspect latest will be Aug 11th if everything goes smoothly !
  • kukkukukku Member Posts: 130 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am yet to submit my application.. icon_sad.gif
  • saadkapadiasaadkapadia Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How much exemption I can claim for following:
    * 8 years External Audit Experience - mostly Financial
    * 2 years Internal Audit Experience - mainly Financial & Operational.
    * B.Com - 2 years.
    * CA, CIA, CFE.
    wd40 wrote: »
    I received an elastic response to a specific question.

Basically I can claim that I have experience and need to get it verified :D ..

denw:

So you just need to check some boxes.
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[/LEFT]

wd40:

Thank you!
  • jmf5123jmf5123 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Has anyone received any updates on their CISM Application? I received the application confirmation with the 3 week timeframe on July 21st and the myISACA site still says application submitted, but no word since then.
    My application status still appears as "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Unreviewed" and I sent it and paid it 30 minutes after receiving the email will the pass.[/FONT]
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It seems that they are experiencing a large backlog of inquiries. I submitted my application on 2nd Aug; the application confirmation states 8 weeks

"
    The processing of your application has begun and the time needed to complete it (up to 8 weeks) "
  • saadkapadiasaadkapadia Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Kindly let me know how can I submit my CISA Certification Application and How to pay the fee?
    It is in your exam results email.

Go to Apply for CISA Certification
    I sent my application today, checked 3 boxes only .. Worst case the application is rejected and I lose 50$.
  • eric_gokongweieric_gokongwei Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I havent checked any box, I think my application will be rejected immediately
    Depends which box.
    The application form is just like the exam; read carefully and select the best answer, and make sure the correct boxes are checked. icon_sad.gif

For example in the work experience form, your employer need to check Yes to most of the "I am verifying the employment experience" boxes except for the last one which reads "Is there any reason you believe this applicant should not be certified..." icon_rolleyes.gif
    Today my application status has changed to "Incomplete" without further explanation, I have emailed ISACA asking about the reason.

This is my timeline:
    13 June exam date
    12 August application Status changed from "Unreviewed" to "Incomplete" without further information.
    I have checked mine and it still says unreviewed. My timeline is similar to yours as well in terms of submission dates.
    csicilia wrote: »
    Today my application status has changed to "Incomplete" without further explanation, I have emailed ISACA asking about the reason.

This is my timeline:
    13 June exam date
    12 August application Status changed from "Unreviewed" to "Incomplete" without further information.
    I have called them and I made 2 mistakes in one of work experience verification forms:
    - As I am freelance consultant now, in my experience verification I identify a customer but I did not filled the name of my company in the blank space in the paragraph before question 1 in page V-1
    - In the form that I sent by email to my customer mi original form was signed digitally and for some reason when my customer printed it my sign appeared with a dark background and it is mandatory that the signature is not a copy/paste signature.

I agree that I made a mistake and I will correct it and send the corrected form again.