Outlook issue, default account query

Hi

Hope I have put this in the right bag,

I have a user who has 3 account in Outlook, 2 of them are added as actual accounts, 1 is added as an additional Mailbox.

When the user selects Inbox for both the accounts and chooses New Email, the From box changes for each account.

Now when the user does this for the additional Mailbox it defaults to her "default" account.

So am I right in saying that an additional Mailbox cannot be "auto" sent emails from that Inbox, and it will always default to whatever is "default"

I can change this in the From drop down list but the user would like this additional Mailbox to work same as the other 2

Can someone help

Cheers

Lee

Comments

• SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    what are the permissions on the additional mailbox ?

does the user have sendas on the additional mailbox?

have you tried the additional mailbox in a separate profile to make sure everything is working as expected?
  • Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Smallguy wrote: »
    what are the permissions on the additional mailbox ?

does the user have sendas on the additional mailbox?

have you tried the additional mailbox in a separate profile to make sure everything is working as expected?

I have now managed to add the additional(shared) mailbox to outlook as an account....now when the inbox is selected and "New" email opened it auto populated the "From" box with that email address, which is what I wanted.

It seems, if a mailbox is added as an "Additional" this feature will not happen and instead default the "From" box to whatever is the default email account is,

Thanks for your help anyway, cheers