Average time to prepare for CEH

cowillcowill Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
For those who passed CEH, about how long did you study before taking the exam?

Comments

• guy9guy9 Banned Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took a hacker online training boot camp so I can't give you the correct answer. I will say that it is easier to learn commands by doing them/practice. I would look through forums at the books people used to pass. Wish you the best;)
  • ZzBloopzZZzBloopzZ Member Posts: 192
    Guy9, how long was your boot camp? Is that all you did before taking the exam?

OP, I am also studying for the exam. I plan to study for roughly 2.5 weeks before taking the exam. I set a goal of taking exam by September 18th. I plan to start studying tonight via reading the All In One Matt Walker book.
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm still studying have been for 6 months now on and off, but that's because of college classes/full time job/life. I am buckling down and studying everyday now though. I want to take it in a few weeks.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Arnie335Arnie335 Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well, the amount of time you spend depends on what you already know and how easy it is for you to retain information. In my quest, I studied for 2 months. A lot of topics carried over from SSCP, so it made things a tad easier but there is a lot to learn. 2 months may seem long for some, but I made sure I understood every concept in theory and in practice.

Good luck to you!
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ZzBloopzZ wrote: »
    Is that all you did before taking the exam?

Very subjective. It depends on your experience and knowledge.

Go through the exam objectives at Certified Ethical Hacker Exam Information
    Then try the assessment at Certified Ethical Hacker Assessment | EC-Council
    If you get 70%++, some read-up and study on the weak areas should be enough.

Since you are not using the official EC Council material, you have to go through the eligibility process at https://cert.eccouncil.org/application-process-eligibility.html. US$100 admin fee. This will take about a week or so; your supervisor will be contacted..

You also need to purchase exam voucher from EC Council directly. The exam voucher & eligibility codes are valid only for 3 months. You can also request for exam voucher validity period to be extended.

Read through Matt Walker AIO. When he mention "exam tip", "memorize this for exam", you know what to do. :)
    You will find other tips in the forum as well.

Good Luck!