airwatch enterprise mobility associate certification

beeryurtbeeryurt Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
So work is going to implant airwatch for IOS devices, I got two chances to take the test, figured this would be the normal "watch sales videos" type of cert but the videos are about 8 hrs in total and the trainer in them is terrible, failed my first try. I have one more chance and just wondering if anyone else has the cert or even the next one above it? Did you just watch the videos a couple of times to pass? I'm going to airwatch 2015 in Atlanta and they will have live training to take the exam but would rather have this first level one done with so I can attend the more tech based lvl 2 cert classes in person.

Any advice?

Comments

• beeryurtbeeryurt Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Noone has had to take this yet?
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    beeryurt wrote: »
    Noone has had to take this yet?

This is just a certification specific to the airwatch application. As such it doesn't really add any "real" value to your credibility. We use Aiwatch at work, i receive sporadic emails about users failing to comply with our compliance rules, password policies etc. I could probably watch the videos on it i guess but it wouldnt mean anything really since it's application specific certification and not something that you can use at every company.
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    but it wouldnt mean anything really since it's application specific certification and not something that you can use at every company.

You could say the exact same thing about VMware or Cisco. The majority of the certifications out there are vendor specific and its value is entirely dependent on whether your current/future employers have adopted these technologies. Airwatch is currently the industry leader in MDM so expect a lot of companies to be using it.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • EduardvEduardv Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Someone contacted me about some Airwatch positions here in ATL but I wasn't sure about the company from what I had hear.
  • YarrrYarrr Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've done all of the Enterprise Mobility Associate online courses, but $1000 seems a little steep for a very specialized certification that I haven't seen a while lot of demand for. That's my 2 cents, anyway.
    Eduardv wrote: »
    Someone contacted me about some Airwatch positions here in ATL but I wasn't sure about the company from what I had hear.
    Airwatch seems to be company in flux. They're still being absorbed by VMWare, and the employees I've talked to admit that they're not quite on the level of VMWare yet, especially in regards to customer service and support.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    related subject - for those of you who use Airwatch at work, how do you like it? We are considering changing MDM solution, and that's one of the options
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • WozzzaaaWozzzaaa Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    We use airwatch globally at work. It's scary how invasive it is, and what we as system admins can see & control.

I wouldn't bother with any certs for that, once the infrastructure is set up, the rest of the time is spent enrolling users phones.