Office 365 70-346 Certification

ChinookChinook Member Posts: 206
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with this exam? I've watched the CBT Nuggets series but I have been unable to find a single book dedicated to this?

Comments

• ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    I passed it when it was in beta so there were no books for it. I had plenty of experience migrating Exchange to Office 365 so I didn't need any study materials. Your best bet is going to be experience plus technet, but this book looks interesting:
    http://l.exchangeserverpro.com/office-365-for-exchange-professionals/
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For these types of exams I recommend using Microsoft Virtual Academy and using TechNet for additional resources
  • Red_DragonRed_Dragon Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Going for this cert right now as well.

It's not as difficult as I was expecting, but there really isn't much content outside of Microsoft's site.

Truthfully, that should be enough (I hope).

How were the CBT Nuggets?
    BSIT: Bachelors of Science in Information Technology
  • ChinookChinook Member Posts: 206
    The CBT Nuggets are OK. They're each about 6 minutes long and just give you the basics on features. For example, they'll teach you how to use PowerShell to connect to Office 365 and admin, but not get into details. I used them initially to get an understanding of the product as I had no idea. I generally watched a Nugget then dug into the topic on my 30 day trial.

All in all, I'm actually impressed with Office 365 as a product.
  • ChinookChinook Member Posts: 206
    Update: There is now an official MS book on this at Amazon.
    Chinook wrote: »
    Update: There is now an official MS book on this at Amazon.

Awesome, did you ever go out and take the exam?

I was prepped to take the exam and then I moved at the end of last month so I've got to kind of restudy to get these topics back.
  • exdesexdes Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed this exam earlier this month. sign up for a trial and go over everything in the skills measured topics listed in microsoft site.
    I studied mainly with Microsoft Virtual Academy videos, but i do have experience migrating from exchange 2010 to office365
    So I took the test and I'm really bummed.

Scored only 445 and you need a 700 to pass.

I cant believe it went down like that. I used the Official Microsoft Guide by Orin Thomas, which was clearly a waste of time and money because some of the questions I was asked were not even in the book (A lot actually). Thank god for Microsoft Second Shot that I'm able to take this thing again for free. I used the MVA Video + The official guide and it wasn't enough. I might need to browse through TechNet or use CBTNuggets to help assist me with this because I was not expecting to bomb this hard. So I have 30 days and counting to pass this, does anyone have any advice on what I can use to bolster my studying? Really bummed but I understand that I get another 2nd chance for free so I'm not sweating it too hard.
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Red_Dragon wrote: »
    So I took the test and I'm really bummed.

Scored only 445 and you need a 700 to pass.

I cant believe it went down like that. I used the Official Microsoft Guide by Orin Thomas, which was clearly a waste of time and money because some of the questions I was asked were not even in the book (A lot actually). Thank god for Microsoft Second Shot that I'm able to take this thing again for free. I used the MVA Video + The official guide and it wasn't enough. I might need to browse through TechNet or use CBTNuggets to help assist me with this because I was not expecting to bomb this hard. So I have 30 days and counting to pass this, does anyone have any advice on what I can use to bolster my studying? Really bummed but I understand that I get another 2nd chance for free so I'm not sweating it too hard.

Look at the below site, row 6 and 7 have the office 365 books you might find useful.

Largest collection of FREE Microsoft eBooks ever, including: Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Office 2013, Office 365, Office 2010, SharePoint 2013, Dynamics CRM, PowerShell, Exchange Server, Lync 2013, System Center, Azure, Cloud, SQL Server, and
    TheFORCE wrote: »

Hey, thanks that gives me a good start.

One of the other things that caught me off guard as well was the exam was 58 questions, but everywhere I read people said their exams were only 40-45 questions, also my exam was two hours in duration which is longer than other users who took this exam. I'm wondering if Microsoft made the exam tougher through an update?

The plan for me right now is to watch the CBT Nuggets, and then download an Office 365 trial and try to do some hands on stuff.
    Hello,

Studied my heart out.

I'm ready to go back and conquer this beast, I'm booking the exam for either Thursday or Friday, I'm ready!