Stanly Aug-Oct

beatfreakerbeatfreaker Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just paid for my course. Who else is with me for this term? :) Did you get the optional course text/book?

Comments

• vayeatevayeate Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    im trying to pay and i cannot log into the webadvisor. anyone else have this problem?

i dont know how will i pay because they are closed during friday and the deadline to pay is monday 8am.
  • BigToneBigTone Member Posts: 283
    I'm in and paid up... Not sure about getting the book. I might just stick with mastering Vsphere 5.5 from Scott Lowe.
  • GarakGarak Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Paid this morning before the 8 AM deadline. A friend of mine just finished the course and says he didn't use the book at all.
  • STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We had severe storms pass through our area last week which knocked out power and had our system down for some time. However, we are back up and ready to take your payments. icon_wink.gif We are extending the deadline until Thursday, Aug. 13 8am Eastern for payment to be made by those who tried, but could not last week. Also, we are back open 5 days a week now that we are about to begin our Fall semester. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions.
    vayeate wrote: »
    im trying to pay and i cannot log into the webadvisor. anyone else have this problem?

i dont know how will i pay because they are closed during friday and the deadline to pay is monday 8am.
    For those of you who have registered for the August class at SCC, orientation emails will be going out sometime next week giving you login information, websites, instructor info, and much more!!
  • JohnPFJohnPF Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm signed up and paid. Excited to get started.
  • GreenHornetGreenHornet Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm also signed up with Stanly Community College. I just paid for my books this past Friday. Im anxious for adding this skill set to my bag of tricks.
  • rodjgrrodjgr Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am in got the book and ready to go. VCP by the end of the year.
  • slee335slee335 Member Posts: 124
    can't wait. does anyone know how the labs and video works? do all the labs come out at once? just wondering because when i do the over night at work i have 12 hour free i could bang them pretty quickly. or do i have to wait
    Orientation emails went out Friday for the August classes. If you have paid for the course, but did not receive the email, please check your spam folder. Let me know if there are any questions.
    Regards,
    S.Lewis
    slewis8950@stanly.edu
  • nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm sorry if this is a dense question, but what version of ESXi do the class materials cover? Version 5 or 6?
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever
    We are currently offering the 5.5 curriculum version.
    I'm sorry if this is a dense question, but what version of ESXi do the class materials cover? Version 5 or 6?
  • someperson49someperson49 Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do you know when the version 6 classes will start?
    Sorry, but we do not know at this time when we will be able to move to 6.0.
    Do you know when the version 6 classes will start?
  • coralreefguycoralreefguy Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey Stanly CC! I emailed you this morning about not getting my course information. I'll send you a private message on this forum as well for assistance - thank you :)

EDIT: Sylvia was quick to assist - thank you so much! Looking forward to working through the course :)
    System Administrator / DevOps guy

2015 passed: CCNA R/S, CCNA Sec, Project+, VCP5-DCV
    2016 goals: MCSE Server 2012; continue to use/learn more Chef w/Ruby and Powershell on Azure
  • GarakGarak Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anybody else having trouble getting the console to close on lab 3? I can hold ctrl alt all day, but it won't release the keyboard. Tried the lab twice with the same result. Moving the mouse over the Google Chrome text does nothing. :-/
    Garak wrote: »
    Anybody else having trouble getting the console to close on lab 3? I can hold ctrl alt all day, but it won't release the keyboard. Tried the lab twice with the same result. Moving the mouse over the Google Chrome text does nothing. :-/

Remember, to exit the console you need to press the Ctrl+Alt keys at the same time and hold them for a second or two for the remote console to relinquish control of the keyboard and mouse to the vclient machine.

If you are having trouble closing the console window, move your mouse over the esxi-3.vmeduc.com-Google Chrome text in the top-right and a control bar should appear. Click on the "x" to close the window.

For further questions, please contact your instructor. He is there to help you.
  • catakcatak Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sir,

I just recently signed up on the waiting list and would like to inquire on my status of enrollment. My personal email: meyerjw@gmail.com

Thanks.
    STANLY_CC wrote: »
    Remember, to exit the console you need to press the Ctrl+Alt keys at the same time and hold them for a second or two for the remote console to relinquish control of the keyboard and mouse to the vclient machine.

If you are having trouble closing the console window, move your mouse over the esxi-3.vmeduc.com-Google Chrome text in the top-right and a control bar should appear. Click on the "x" to close the window.

For further questions, please contact your instructor. He is there to help you.
    Please send me a private message & include your full name & location.
    catak wrote: »
    Sir,

I just recently signed up on the waiting list and would like to inquire on my status of enrollment. My personal email: meyerjw@gmail.com

Thanks.
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Please send me a private message & include your full name & location.

@Stanly_CC - when do the ICM 6.0 classes start?
  • kenrinkenrin Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This might be a stupid question but is this online or on campus? I can't really see any information on the website since there is not currently any upcoming courses listed for vmware. All the current ones are campus only.

I'm just lurking until 6.0 courses start coming out but the prices seem pretty reasonable. Campus is pretty close but on the wrong side of Charlotte icon_rolleyes.gif
    The Stanly course is online; however, we are currently teaching version 5.5.
    kenrin wrote: »
    This might be a stupid question but is this online or on campus? I can't really see any information on the website since there is not currently any upcoming courses listed for vmware. All the current ones are campus only.

I'm just lurking until 6.0 courses start coming out but the prices seem pretty reasonable. Campus is pretty close but on the wrong side of Charlotte icon_rolleyes.gif
    How does Stanley know how far we are in the labs? The instructor just advised us to pass the class we need to finish 80% of the labs. I can't check my progress to see which ones I have and haven't done...I can only see my gradebook which shows which lab quizes I have completed.

2016 goals: MCSE Server 2012; continue to use/learn more Chef w/Ruby and Powershell on Azure
    Stanly,

Is your institution planning to provide online course for VCP 6.0 since VCP 5.5 exam is going to retire some time later this year? Thanks.
  • slee335slee335 Member Posts: 124
    just finished all the labs and cbtnugget videos time to setup a nested lab and study for the test.
    Your instructor can see which labs you have completed and which ones you have not completed. While the 80% is required in order to receive a Continuing Education grade of "Satisfactory", we strongly recommend you complete all the labs--especially if you your goal is to become certified.
    How does Stanley know how far we are in the labs? The instructor just advised us to pass the class we need to finish 80% of the labs. I can't check my progress to see which ones I have and haven't done...I can only see my gradebook which shows which lab quizes I have completed.
    Yes, we will be moving to the 6.0 curriculum, but we do not yet have an exact date.
    Stanly,

Is your institution planning to provide online course for VCP 6.0 since VCP 5.5 exam is going to retire some time later this year? Thanks.
    Stanly,

Could you provide a status on my enrollment for the upcoming class? E-mail: [EMAIL="meyerjw@gmail.com...Thanks"]meyerjw@gmail.com...Thanks[/EMAIL].
    Yes, we will be moving to the 6.0 curriculum, but we do not yet have an exact date.
    Please send me a private message including your full name & location. With that information, I will be glad to check for you.
    Stanly,

Could you provide a status on my enrollment for the upcoming class? E-mail: [EMAIL="meyerjw@gmail.com...Thanks"]meyerjw@gmail.com...Thanks[/EMAIL].
    This class is over! Congratulations to all whom attended.

Stanly - now that it is over - when can we expect to hear about completion? I confirmed with my course instructor prior to the end of the class that all requisite work was completed but I have not yet received an email with 'next steps' in either my personal or Stanly email inboxes.

Thanks!