Options

Passed GSEC!

loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405
I know one of the easier ones comparatively but passed with 82%!

The test was so long for real. 5 hours sitting doing the test seemed like all 5 hours, it did not fly by....

Anyways on to the next cert!

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! What's next for you?
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratz!! Did you self study, do the onDemand, or take the course?
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! I feel your pain sitting long exams!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    Thanks! I'll move on to the CCNA security I think....

As for studying I took the course about 2 months ago and then made a really good index. It's all about the index, but if i had an even better index I feel i could have done better.. Oh well.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats, I'll be taking this soon. What materials did you use to study and any words of advice?
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • Options
    chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Congratulations!
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif On to the next one... icon_cool.gif
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    iBrokeIT wrote: »
    Congrats, I'll be taking this soon. What materials did you use to study and any words of advice?

I took the SANS course and then used their 6 books to study. I would say even if you just did the on demand study or study yourself you would be fine as long as you have a good IT background...

the most important thing that I wish i had done would be to do a really good index. I did one, but for the most part I only indexed about half the books when I should have indexed just bout every page.

Also know about your IP headers and how to read them on the fly as I had at least 5-10 questions on those.
  • Options
    twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used 6 sans books. Hi light key words in the books. Color coded.
    Make index. Know which book the material would be in.
    try not having to look up each question or you would never finish.
    take the practice exams they offer you to see if you are ready.
    listen to mp3s. Mine was a recertification.