CEH - CE credit Options

g33k3rg33k3r Member Posts: 249 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've had my CEH for a few months. What are some good options for continued education credits?

Thanks!

Comments

• Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can find the options at EC-Council Continuing Education (ECE) Credits | EC-Council

Taking another certification exam is 40 credits. CISSP next?
    The easiest option is to take another EC Council exam. 120 credits meets requirements for 3 year period. Maybe consider CHFI, ECSA, LPT?
    CEHv9 may be out by 2018, so taking another CEH exam should qualify as well.
  • g33k3rg33k3r Member Posts: 249 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks! I am currently prepping for the CISSP. I assume you need to pass the EC Council exam to earn the 120 credits. I am not really interested in taking the same exam twice though.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Mike7 wrote: »
    CEHv9 may be out by 2018, so taking another CEH exam should qualify as well.
    2018? CEHv9 is suppose to be out this year (2015), but I've heard nothing of its imminent release. Supposedly two new modules are "Cloud" and "Android." I'm like to know what "Android" adds that the "Mobile Device Hacking" module won't have.
    Was guessing about CEHv9 availablity.
    You are right! CEHv9 is out! The web site has been updated.
  • TheChameleonTheChameleon Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ok..I started into CEH v8 material already. I just searched and saw a post @JDMurray earlier this year that says the previous version will be around for about 9 months after the new one is announced. I checked their site and didn't see any info on this.
    The v9 pages are fairly new; I did a Google search and only find a single Twitter mention about CEHv9 and 16th Sep. CHFI page is still v8; they may update pages over the new few days.

Guess those doing CEHv8 self study better take exam soon.
    g33k3r wrote: »
    Thanks! I am currently prepping for the CISSP. I assume you need to pass the EC Council exam to earn the 120 credits. I am not really interested in taking the same exam twice though.

Maybe you are interested in writing a CEH exam guide book. icon_wink.gif Matt Walker, the author of CEH AIO took the different editions of CEH exam.
    You can take other EC Council. exams such as CHFI, ECSA. You have other options; read books, study, report vulnerability... Check site for details.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Mike7 wrote: »
    You are right! CEHv9 is out! The web site has been updated.
    It's mostly sales copy for the CEHv9 course. The FAQ says there's now only 18 modules in CEHv9, but the CEHv9 brochure lists 20. The buffer overflow module is gone (BoF moved to Web Apps) and a cloud computing module is new. The FAQ also implies that the Licensed Penetration Tester (LPT) cert now only has the CEH has a prerequisite.