Passed, 70-688 Supporting Windows 8.1 :)

mancmanc Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
This is a tough exam but managed to squeeze through a pass, was touch and go through the exam as there were quite a few tough questions, wasn't sure if I had done enough to pass but thankfully all my hours and hours of study paid off, took 6mths but I am now MSCA Windows 8.1!!!

My studies consisted of:-

Transender practice exams (Loads harder than both exams)
MS Offical Exam Ref - 70-688 (Used mostly as a guideline to drill further into each objective which was done on Technet)
Loads of on the bench practice
MS Virtual Academy & MS Virtual labs

The hardest hurdle I had was the Intune material, I came into these exams when Intune had a huge face lift and indeed re-structure, all meant study material was obsolete and had to do a lot of looking around for correct versions of stuff, if I am honest I thought I was wholly unprepared for this side of the exam, but thankfully the bits I did focus paid off.

Need to focus on the family a little now as I think they have forgotten what I look like :D

Hope the above helps even thou this exam retires this November.

PS: Big thanks to Techexams forums, weird as it sounds it helped me keep focused and not to give up!

Comments

• culpanoculpano Member Posts: 163
    Well done. Pleased for you. I have a few tough weeks to study for this.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • alblacklandalblackland Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So the test is on the new intune format? i'm taking the 70-689 in a few weeks
  • culpanoculpano Member Posts: 163

I'm in a similar position. I am studying for 70-688 and I've just signed up for Intune evaluation. It's a whole new interface so I am not sure studying for this is going to be successful for me.
  • mancmanc Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    culpano wrote: »
    Well done. Pleased for you. I have a few tough weeks to study for this.

You'll pi** it dude!
    Congrats!

Thanks for the kind words.

Intune has had a huge face lift since this exam was released, cause of this knowing what material to use to revise from is in question, I tried where possible to revise from the earlier version of Intune but dated material for Intune is none existent.

Hope the above helps.