Labs for CCENT

mabarianmabarian Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I´m currently studying for the CCENT ICND1 with the Wendell Odom book. I saw that the book came with the Network Simulator in Lite version. Can anyone tell me if it´s recommended to purchase the full version? The Lite version has only 13 labs and the full has more than 100. I have packet tracer and I can try my own stuff, but I don´t know whether if that´s enough or I should purchase the full version of the Network Simulator.

What do you think?

Thanks in advanced.

Comments

• MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    Look at it this way, if the cost is not prohibitive for you, then it won't hurt to have the full package all it will do is give you more experience before you take the test.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • mabarianmabarian Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, but that´s not my question. If it´s not necessary I would rather save that money than spending it. My question is that if it´s really worth to purchase the full version to pass the CCENT exam.
    That is a choice you are going to have to make, I have done all of the studies and have passed my tests and I purchased as much as I possibly could to ensure I passed the first time around, do you need it? Only you can answer that based on your study habits and ability to retain the information, that is the variable with all of us.

Good luck, hope whatever you choose works out for you.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
    Ok let´s see more opinions. Thing is, not everybody can afford spending 80$ in something most of people don´t think is required, hence my question.
  • LeisureSuitLarryLeisureSuitLarry Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I never purchased the full version of that particular sim, but I do think you'll need more than just the Odom book and the lite sim it comes with. If you're going to spend $100 on something, I'd recommend the Boson practice exams instead. The Odom book and the Boson exams gave me a pass first time around. Also, Boson has a guarantee that they'll refund you your money if you flunk the exam. I'm not sure you get that with the full network simulator.
    MTciscoguy wrote: »
    That is a choice you are going to have to make, I have done all of the studies and have passed my tests and I purchased as much as I possibly could to ensure I passed the first time around, do you need it? Only you can answer that based on your study habits and ability to retain the information, that is the variable with all of us.

Sorry for offering my opinion. Cripes, I was just trying to offer my opinion based on my close to 30 years of experience working with computers and networks!

Good luck, hope whatever you choose works out for you.

Sorry for offering my opinion. Cripes, I was just trying to offer my opinion based on my close to 30 years of experience working with computers and networks!
    But really it is no big deal, I will not offer anymore opinions, and I will let you wallow your way through this on your own.

Have a great evening.
  • LeisureSuitLarryLeisureSuitLarry Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Let's try to keep this a butt-hurt free thread.
    Let's try to keep this a butt-hurt free thread.

Give it a break, I don't see where anyone is butt hurt. But when it comes down to it, it is up to the moderation team, not you.
    Wow, man, relax. You didn´t answer my question in two replies and I guess I´m free to ask anyone else. If you have 30 years of experience, probably you already forgot what is to have to spend a fourth of your monthly salary in something that might not be even worth. I need to ask. And if you don´t answer what I need, I will disregard your comment (not you). Don´t take it to the personal level because is non-sense.
    I have nothing to take personally, I believe it is worth the money to acquire the extra knowledge and that is what I told you. That is all, not butt hurt, not upset at all, No, you don't have to get it, but you will have an easier time passing your testing by having the knowledge that is all. That said, there is a lot of information out there about these subjects that is free and if you don't have the money to purchase, then you can find the information online with some searching.

If you want the most direct answer I can give, Yes, I recommend purchasing the full version.