Options

help with setting up MS outlook 2007

Skynet9Skynet9 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

So I decided to set up MS outlook at my home computer. I configured everything and I used POP3 only to find out every email from outlook website has disappeared.

So I am now at point where I don't know what to do? I want to get rid of outlook and bring back everything to web server.

How do I do that? Tried Google...no solution so far.

Comments

• Options
    J_86J_86 Member Posts: 262 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think by default (if I remember right) POP3 takes everything off the email server. Go into your account settings, more settings, advanced, and check the box that says "Leave a copy of messages on server".
    Look into setting up IMAP to prevent this from happening. As far as to how to get them back into Outlook.com, hmm that might be pretty difficult. Someone else may have some suggestions.
  • Options
    J_86 wrote: »
    I think by default (if I remember right) POP3 takes everything off the email server. Go into your account settings, more settings, advanced, and check the box that says "Leave a copy of messages on server".
    Look into setting up IMAP to prevent this from happening. As far as to how to get them back into Outlook.com, hmm that might be pretty difficult. Someone else may have some suggestions.

Yeah, i didn't know that about pop3. That option was not there either. So What i did now is delete the pop3 and add account again using imap this time hoping it would sync emails between server and client.

I am getting new emails on server now, but old are still present in client machine. Want to bring all old emails back to server. icon_sad.gif

I know there is pst file saved on c drive, any way i can "import" from there? (only option so far i have told is forward (email) them to myself.
  • Options
    seth479seth479 Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If it's a personal Outlook.com and not like O365 then sign in to the website, click the gear in the upper right corner and go to options. Then on the next page on the left side, few options down, there is an option to Import email accounts. I didnt see a PST options but there is an option to import from email apps and so Outlook should be recognizable. If you still have the POP mailbox configured then you should be able to select that profile and migrate it.

You can also try to open the PST file associated with the POP mailbox in the IMAP profile you configured and drag/drop from the PST to the IMAP folders and see if those sync up with the server.
    LinkedIn | www.sethhall.com
    In Progress - MCSE: Messaging [] 70-341 [] 70-342
    Up Next - MCSE: Communication
    2016 Goals: MCSE: Messaging / Communication, CCENT, LPIC-1
  • Options
    seth479 wrote: »
    If it's a personal Outlook.com and not like O365 then sign in to the website, click the gear in the upper right corner and go to options. Then on the next page on the left side, few options down, there is an option to Import email accounts. I didnt see a PST options but there is an option to import from email apps and so Outlook should be recognizable. If you still have the POP mailbox configured then you should be able to select that profile and migrate it.

You can also try to open the PST file associated with the POP mailbox in the IMAP profile you configured and drag/drop from the PST to the IMAP folders and see if those sync up with the server.

Well...that worked. Thank you millions times.

@ Mod: please close this thread.