All CCIE Written exams are changing..

gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
According to this: -

All CCIE Written Exams Changing!!!

Very interesting as this is how things are going to go, and I'm glad, for now, it's only Written exams taking this on.

Links: -

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/ccie-enhancements

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-29253

Comments

• OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    How does this fit with the current context of CCIE written? From the linked article, this seems almost like it is tacked onto the exams.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    That's exactly how it feels - tacked on, but, it'll be better in the next revisions.

We must face it, these technologies need to be tested on.
  • lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    More importantly....

[h=3]Lab Delivery[/h]
    • Lab exams have grown in complexity, creating the need for a larger canvas during lab exams.
    • Beginning December 2015, Expert-level candidates will be provided dual monitors on their desktop during the eight-hour, hands-on lab exam

Amen!!
  • BardlebeeBardlebee Member Posts: 264 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Damn, here I was hoping for an 15" CRT for my lab attempt.
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Hardest part of the CCIE was the single monitor. :)
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • ninjaturtleninjaturtle Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So I'm finally being forced to study and learn SDN? I knew this day would come, just hoped it would come later ...later ....later. *sigh*
    Current Study Discipline: CCIE Data Center
    Cisco SEAL, Cisco SWAT, Cisco DeltaForce, Cisco FBI, Cisco DoD, Cisco Army Rangers, Cisco SOCOM .ιlι..ιlι.
  • fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    Maybe it's just me, but I find the stuff they've added garbage. Not because it's not important, but because it's not technology that can be tested on in a fair way. It's a list of marketing terms, and when you get down to the actual technology, every single item on that list is BY ITSELF as large of a topic as any CCIE so how are you even supposed to study for it in any meaningful way?
    Quite agree, it just feels like it has been very badly wedged in.
  • DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I don't really see the big deal. This only adds a little more marketing trivia to the exam.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Agreed with DPG. Anyone claiming to be an expert should at least be able to intelligently speak on emerging technologies even if at a low "marketing" level.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • dppagcdppagc Member Posts: 293
    In that case there will be a deadline to take my ccie written exam.
  • BardlebeeBardlebee Member Posts: 264 ■■■□□□□□□□
    DPG wrote: »
    I don't really see the big deal. This only adds a little more marketing trivia to the exam.

Yeah the CCIE Written is so full of trivia as it is. I'd rather it be trivia/buzzwords I can use about emerging stuff and not old tech.