Options

Past Foundation 11-27-2015

jarnonejarnone Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed the Foundation exam this morning with a 90%.
The exam was straight forward as everyone else has said.
Here is what i used to study with:
Clair Agutter-ITIL Foundation Essentials
Brady Orand-Foundations of Service Management
Gallacher and Morris-foundation study guide.

I only used 20 minutes of the allowed 60.
I did find it asked several questions where you actually had to apply what you learned to come up with the right answer.
I had a lot of other resources available but found that they were just saying the same thing as what the above 3 was saying.
I would recommend reading Agutter's book at least twice. There is a lot of information that you need to digest from her book.
There is no fluff in her book so you need to understand everything that in the book.

Not sure what cert is next.

Comments

• Options
    $bvb379$bvb379 Member Posts: 155
    jarnone wrote: »
    Passed the Foundation exam this morning with a 90%.
    The exam was straight forward as everyone else has said.
    Here is what i used to study with:
    Clair Agutter-ITIL Foundation Essentials
    Brady Orand-Foundations of Service Management
    Gallacher and Morris-foundation study guide.

I only used 20 minutes of the allowed 60.
    I did find it asked several questions where you actually had to apply what you learned to come up with the right answer.
    I had a lot of other resources available but found that they were just saying the same thing as what the above 3 was saying.
    I would recommend reading Agutter's book at least twice. There is a lot of information that you need to digest from her book.
    There is no fluff in her book so you need to understand everything that in the book.

Not sure what cert is next.

Thank you for the information. I am studying with Claire's book as well and wanted some more in depth feedback from someone who used it and you answered my question. How long did you study for the exam?
  • Options
    jarnonejarnone Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I studied about two weeks but only in the evening time and all day on 1 weekend.
  • Options
    PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
    Congrats
    Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
    Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University
  • Options
    JameswebJamesweb Member Posts: 144
    Congrats on the Pass! Well Done!
    Currently working on CCENT/CCNA and CAPM
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Glad you passed.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations! I'm glad the book was helpful icon_smile.gif

You could look at the ITIL intermediates next, or perhaps another Foundation certification in the ITSM space. We see lots of interest in COBIT and ISO20000, and newer certs like DevOps and BRM are also gaining in popularity and desirability.

Claire