Options

Work abroad...?

alliasneoalliasneo Member Posts: 186
I thought I would open this thread up and just as the question as a lot of people from all over the world post comments here.When I found out that Cisco is a world wide recognised qualification I thought 'well wouldn't it be great to move to another country to get a Cisco job'. I wonder how the pay changes from place to place and the work. I imagine a lot of frame relay comes in to play in the US.
Anyone worked abroad with Cisco?
I love the prospect of being able to travel with a qualification but do you think it's feasible?

Comments

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yes, I think it is possible for you to work abroad. I suggest checking out internships for Cisco, MS, and other international companies.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    lilmansdadlilmansdad Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am also curious about this.

Anyone have any first-hand knowledge of people that have done this (Say from the US outwards)?

Were they full time jobs, or contract? Mainly for the single person, or for the whole family?

And, how important would it be to know the host country language? I thought I read somewhere that most of all higher IT stuff is English. (Prob wrong...).

And would networking be the best route, or Sys Admin? Something else?
  • Options
    mihoon09@gmail.commihoon09@gmail.com Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How can I find out what the best professions in Canada are? I plan apply to come to Canada.
  • Options
    jeffreyanovero@gmail.comjeffreyanovero@gmail.com Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How can I find out what the best professions in Canada are? I plan apply to come to Canada.

here are lots of professions in Canada that are in high demand. For example, engineering and construction jobs are good according to jobsaloon com, craigslist, try to google it.
  • Options
    jeffreyanovero@gmail.comjeffreyanovero@gmail.com Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    There are lots of professions in Canada that are in high demand. For example, engineering and construction jobs are good according to jobsaloon com, craigslist.com there are lots of site . just google it.