itshelvesitshelves Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello World ,

How was CISA Exam ?
I felt it is very difficult as i did not study anything ,
i dont know , the studied ISACA exam review alot of time and i scored high ,

but the actual exam today is to tough.

Comments

• gabequinngabequinn Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I thought it was really difficult as well. I studied a lot and was doing well in the db. Good luck to you!
  • ladoo381ladoo381 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow my sentiments exactly - lots of uncertainty with my group for the CISA today.....

To start off the person that reads the instructions was pronouncing the exam acronyms and then proceeded to ask who is taking the CISA raise your hand so the proctors can hand out the exam books etc. She waited about 5 seconds and then asked the CISM folks to raise their hands and so on. In about a minute everyone had their hand up in the room. icon_rolleyes.gif

We had a cell phone continue to go off an get some type of alert after the first hour and nothing was done. Not saying that's why I thought the exam was harder than anticipated but that kind of stuff should be dealt with.

We had a few folks show up late who I assume were turned away - it would really suck to study and set time aside only to miss the test due to arriving late at the site.

Going back to the uncertainty - a number of the folks were waiting in the hotel lobby for their ride back and most of them could not tell you how they did. About half of the group used up pretty much the entire time allotted which may or may not mean much but I have not seen a room that full till the end in either the CISM or CRISC before.

Good luck to everyone. Hope you receive good news in a few weeks.
    We had a pretty small group. One guy was done in 2 hrs, everyone else stayed until the end. It's comforting to hear others were just as confused. Good luck to all!
  • IMalikIMalik Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Holly Smokes it was hard ... it was harder than I anticipated. I was doing around 96% in DB but the actual exam was far from what I had expected. I have no clue how I did in the exam, there was a lot of guess work. I guess its just wait and see from this point onwards. Good Luck everyone.
  • itshelvesitshelves Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I belive the questions with covered by DB only few ,max 10 questions only ,
  • prasadsklnprasadskln Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The paper was really challenging. They have tested in many unexpected areas
  • bafzal30bafzal30 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My experience of CISA exam was good overall. In the beginning the exam was challenging (first 50 questions). In the middle the questions were not challenging and moderate hard at the end. Overall, after the exam I felt like that I passed the exam. I will only find out in about 5 weeks time what the actual score I got on the exam. Good luck to everyone who took the exam yesterday.
  • RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Some of the comments seem to reflect some of the past experience as seen here.
  • partyboiipartyboii Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have 2.5 years IT auditing experience, I studied the questions database for the past few months, and supplemented this with studying the official study guide on concepts I wasn't familiar with. The tally on the questions database indicates I studied for around 50 hours and I had been doing 200 question practice sessions every night for the week leading up to the CISA exam, and was scoring 85-88%. The test was absurd, my mood initially was panic as I wasn't confident on the first 20ish questions I answered, and my attitude turned to "f**k it" midway through the test as I found the questions to be so convoluted and tricky that I was guessing on the majority. My only hope is that I'm reading similar experiences from people who ended up passing. Like others, if I don't pass I doubt I will retest.
  • TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    Sorry to hear that you had a pretty rough test yesterday, I didn't do CISA but feel a similar pain to you. My honest belief is that I didn't do enough to feel anything close comfortable about the result. I understand your despondency during the exam, I was starting to get a little panicky at one point!
  • Al PatelAl Patel Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I agree with the majority of people on this thread. The exam was rough to say the least. I probably had perhaps 2 questions from the database. I don't even know if I passed or not. If not, I'm not retaking it. I enjoy more vendor-neutral certifications.
  • mokazmokaz Member Posts: 172
    partyboii wrote: »
    The test was absurd, my mood initially was panic as I wasn't confident on the first 20ish questions I answered, and my attitude turned to "f**k it" midway through the test as I found the questions to be so convoluted and tricky that I was guessing on the majority. My only hope is that I'm reading similar experiences from people who ended up passing. Like others, if I don't pass I doubt I will retest.

Well i felt a bit of the same, i wouldn't say panic but honestly 80% of each questions i could narrow down the answers to 2 of the 4 but honestly tried to make the best educated guesses there after... Well, phrasing and wording were also sometimes just really awful, i remember reading one question a least 10 times and still couldn't get where they've wanted to go with this...

Well, wait and see..

PS: went for CISM

Cheers,
    m.
    Does anyone know the actual date of score release for CISA?
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    gabequinn wrote: »
    Does anyone know the actual date of score release for CISA?

Friday January 15th 2016 ~ 6PM GMT
    Friday January 15th 2016 ~ 6PM GMT

Thanks for the quick reply dustervoice! Do you know if that link that circulated for the past few exams is still valid?
  • spenaspena Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Took the Dec CISA exam and found it as difficult just like my first attempt. If I don't succeed, I won't be taking it the third time. Not sure how ppl in the forums are saying CISSP is harder as I found it easier than CISA..
    gabequinn wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply dustervoice! Do you know if that link that circulated for the past few exams is still valid?
    It wasnt valid last year for cism.. you will have to wait for the email to go out. I know the 5 weeks will seem like eternity.
    Took the Dec CISA exam and found it as difficult just like my first attempt

How'd you do the first time? Good luck to you!
    It wasnt valid last year for cism.. you will have to wait for the email to go out. I know the 5 weeks will seem like eternity.

Thanks!!
  • tuabuikiatuabuikia Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    spena wrote: »
    Took the Dec CISA exam and found it as difficult just like my first attempt. If I don't succeed, I won't be taking it the third time. Not sure how ppl in the forums are saying CISSP is harder as I found it easier than CISA..
    I have the same perception about CISM as well when comparing it CISSP. I believe this was due to the lack of quizzes from other sources other than the official QAE. Not sure about the CISA but I personally find the CISM QAE to be quite repetitive. One can do the QAE over a few times and ace it but I believe it is no guarantee you will do well in the real exam. My 2 cents.:)
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    After several attempts to study and take and procrastinating I finally took it this weekend. I am not sure how I did but I felt ok which means I probably failed :)

I thought it was a pretty good test only a few questions I had trouble figuring out the perspective of the test writer. I wish I spent some more time on the Development and Implementation" subject in the official exam material though....
  • thurlisha@yahoo.comthurlisha@yahoo.com Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hehe, I thought I was all alone,the paper was very tough to say the least.But God will see us through good people
  • Jack82Jack82 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey all!

I took the CISA exam also on saturday. Right after the exam I felt like "I will pass, but now with excellent score".

I had like 40-45 "Im not sure but it could be this".

Now after the exam I am sure that I have atleast 4 - 8 sure mistakes and now I am very very stressed. I know that points are scaled but do you guys think that it is possible to pass with let's say 160/200 right in the test?

The most irritating is that I changed 3 questions in the last 5 min > all went wrong!

Good luck to you all !
  • mcc39817mcc39817 Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Jack82 wrote: »
    Hey all!

I took the CISA exam also on saturday. Right after the exam I felt like "I will pass, but now with excellent score".

I had like 40-45 "Im not sure but it could be this".

Now after the exam I am sure that I have atleast 4 - 8 sure mistakes and now I am very very stressed. I know that points are scaled but do you guys think that it is possible to pass with let's say 160/200 right in the test?

The most irritating is that I changed 3 questions in the last 5 min > all went wrong!

Good luck to you all !

I am in the same boat with the 40 or so MCQ's, and I'm hoping 160 is enough. But I think that depends on the combination if each question has a different weight.

Based on other exams I've taken, I will read the question twice and make sure to "read the english" and then depending on the length, I will start with the last sentence before reading twice. Then I mark out the answers that I know are not correct. This has been the best way to make sure I'm not going through the questions too quickly. I took about 2.5 hours to go through the test and then another half hour to go back to the questions I didn't know for sure, which I didn't select an answer on. The first 100 questions there were 26 I was unsure of, and on the second 100 questions there were about 14 that I was unsure of. like others, it seemed that there were 5 - 10 that were directly from the DB MCQ's.

In the DB I worked a total of 2670 total question attempts, with an overall average score of 62%. I was trending in the 80's in domains 1,3,4, and 5 and 70's in domain 2 during the week of the exam with 75% on the practice exam I took the week before the exam. I'm curious if this will translate to a passing score of 450 or higher. Definitely hopeful! Good luck all!
    Certs: CISA, CDPSE | Pentest+, SEC+, CySA+
    Planned: CASP+, CISSP, CISM, eJPT, eWPT (2023)

• HeardyaHeardya Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My sentiments are exactly the same as everyone above. I had approximately 32 questions where I was uncertain. I'm hoping that at min 150 questions correct will be a pass. I was @ 80-85% in the practice database. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but it definitely was very subjective, to the point I was reading questions 3x. Ugh.
  • HeardyaHeardya Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was trending in the high 80s in the practice exam in all domains... The exam made me feel as if I didn't study at all 😫 Keeping fingers crossed, I counted aproximate 32 I got wrong but for comfort I'm going to say 50. Hopefully that's enough to pass.
    The exam made me feel as if I didn't study at all ��

+1

However, you can never tell with tests like these. Sending positive thoughts out to everyone!
    No one received their results yet?
  • rdm1010rdm1010 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Remedymp wrote: »
    No one received their results yet?

Only like two weeks ago...
    rdm1010 wrote: »
    Only like two weeks ago...

So, where are the results?
    Remedymp wrote: »