Options

Anyone doing the PENTESIT Lab?

snowchick7669snowchick7669 Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just wanted to see whether anyone was trying their hand at the new penetration testing lab on https://lab.pentestit.ru/

I've had a quick look and thought it could be interesting, but haven't had the chance to sit down and look at it properly.

Comments

• Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Looks interesting.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    Well, decided to give it a go. One of the guys at work is also going to attempt it so we can bounce ideas off one another. I shall let you know how I get on :)

Also, feel free to PM me if anyone else decides to have a shot.
  • Options
    EngRobEngRob Member Posts: 247 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good find! Going to check it out.
  • Options
    Let me know how you get on! I'm going to sit down and have a crack at it tonight. Not very confident with Web application pen testing so we shall see!
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It looks like you will use a VPN. You register using your email and I presume you are sent directions on how to proceed. It also looks like there are different labs that you can attempt to "hack".

You can spin up a Kali disco and use BurbSuite. Although it is new to you, you may enjoy it. This depends on your background. As a pen tester you will need to learn some programming languages.

I may a take a look at the site this weekend.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    renacidorenacido Member Posts: 387 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As a security pro I naturally distrust any site on the .ru domain but this sounds like it might be worth looking into.
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Russia also has a RUCTFe which is nice... This year was a little messed up because the VPN/ architecture was not working. The other years it was real fun to learn a great deal.
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    renacido wrote: »
    As a security pro I naturally distrust any site on the .ru domain

This.. I don't trust it.
  • Options
    EngRobEngRob Member Posts: 247 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JB3 wrote: »
    This.. I don't trust it.

So long as you sign up with the same username and password you use across all your banking and tax refund websites you should be fine.....right? icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Wait.. You didn't do that?.. Haha :p.

If anyone wants to follow my progress I'm going to be posting on my blog about it (which you can find on my profile here).