Options

GSEC scheduled

cyberseccybersec Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone! I am a long time lurker who signed up a while back and wanted to start contributing back.

I finally was able to get a full-time Information Security position over a year and half ago, though had security duties in my previous jobs. I have a MS in Information Assurance along with CISSP & GISP. I've let me CEH, SnortCP, and CASP lapse and currently have the GSEC scheduled for the end of February.

I am using my coursebooks from 2013 (took this class and the Enterprise Defender, but not the exams), Network Security Bible, and Eric Conrad's CISSP guide.

Will be going into the test with my notes and the various sans **** sheets. Will keep you guys updated!

Comments

• Options
    alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck, Let us know how it goes.
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Good luck! Definitely make sure you index your GSEC books! I'd say you can leave the CISSP study guide at home. Network Security Bible could help though.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework