Passed - My experience

rohpar10rohpar10 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed CISSP last week. And yes it was one of the best tests I have ever given in my life. I never thought I would sit for more than 4 hours but I actually was clicking mouse buttons for full 6 hours. Feels good, specially when it happened in 1st attempt.
My exp:
1. 5 yrs of exp in infosec helped.
2. Shon Harris's book is an awesome material not only for CISSP but in general as well for infosec. One should read through it at least once before booking your exams. Great role in building concepts which is what exam is all about.
3. Exam preparation was the new sybex official study guide. Crisp and to-the-point. Great book for exam.
4. cccure is best source for test preparation. There questions are most close to what you'll get in the exam. Just 8 days of practice added new confidence in me. Make sure you refer their review notes as well.
5. Make your notes
6. Don't bother about details (dates, names of acts/standards/people/key sizes,levels ). I realized I was ready for the exam a week before and just wasted my time in mugging up few such things. As people have mentioned in this forums again and again its not about memorizing.
7. This forum rocks. I had decided that whatever the result will be I'll put my experience here.


Need help with endorsement now few questions:
1. Email I got says congrats for Associate of isc2. Now I understand what and when associate is relevant just want to make sure this is what to expect.

2. Endorsement to be sent in soft copy only or hard copy as well. Emails says email it, but the section for endorser in the form asks to send hard copy over mail.

3. Do I need to send resume. Nothing mentioned in the email or endorsement form.

Thanks again folks !! And good luck to those who're going for it.

~Rohan

Comments

  • gncsmithgncsmith Senior Member Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Thanks for the preparation notes and tips.
  • KeenlearnerKeenlearner Banned Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on a great success. I'm also going to attempt exam on next Monday.. Can you please share the cccure review notes.

    Many Thanks.
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,294 ■■■■■■■■□□
    rohpar10 wrote: »
    1. Email I got says congrats for Associate of isc2. Now I understand what and when associate is relevant just want to make sure this is what to expect.

    Congrats on the pass! I just passed last week as well and my email didn't say that at all. Are you sure you didn't select "Associate of ISC2" when booking your exam? There were 2 options and I know I had to select the full CISSP specifically.
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
    Congrats!!! Great job! icon_smile.gif
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • rohpar10rohpar10 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Danielm7 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! I just passed last week as well and my email didn't say that at all. Are you sure you didn't select "Associate of ISC2" when booking your exam? There were 2 options and I know I had to select the full CISSP specifically.

    While I am quite sure I had selected CISSP only, but from your experience it seems I did otherwise. What should I do now?
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,294 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'd contact ISC2 right away, they'd be the only ones to really know what happened. You could have done everything right and they sent you the wrong email template by accident.
  • rohpar10rohpar10 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Danielm7 wrote: »
    I'd contact ISC2 right away, they'd be the only ones to really know what happened. You could have done everything right and they sent you the wrong email template by accident.

    Done that already.
Sign In or Register to comment.