Revised Resume Review

johnITjohnIT Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I'm back again with my newest resume update. I took some of the changes and formats you guys suggested and I can tell it looks a lot better. I also tried to focus on accomplishments and money saving projects. Rezscore still gives me the same score though, but higher salary range! Cha-Ching!

General resume review.pdf
Working on: A+, MCSE Server 2012

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    You need to understand that a resume needs to be 100% perfect. Right now I'm still spotting bad capitalization, different fonts, and weird formatting issues.
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Few capitalization mistakes (healthcare, non-profit, retail, antivirus, security, Mac, Track-It). Weird font in the Education section. Looking better though.
  • johnITjohnIT Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    You need to understand that a resume needs to be 100% perfect. Right now I'm still spotting bad capitalization, different fonts, and weird formatting issues.

Yeah, that's why I am posting it again, since I realized my old one was really bad formatting wise.
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't do any hiring, but I think it looks pretty good. Website looks good too. I don't like the word 'mac' in there. Mac, MacOS, OSX, something else.

The centered text in the body of the professional summary looks out of place to my eyes.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • mgeoffriaumgeoffriau Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Dashes and spacing are inconsistent for the dates given for each job.
    CISSP || A+ || Network+ || Security+ || Project+ || Linux+ || Healthcare IT Technician || ITIL Foundation v3 || CEH || CHFI
    M.S. Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, WGU
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    yoba222 wrote: »
    The centered text in the body of the professional summary looks out of place to my eyes.

Yea, I believe it is because the title of that section isn't centered. Think in mine I just left the title of that part out of there.
    Few capitalization mistakes (healthcare, non-profit, retail, antivirus, security, Mac, Track-It). Weird font in the Education section. Looking better though.

I'm going to work on the education sector. Thanks.
    Yea, I believe it is because the title of that section isn't centered. Think in mine I just left the title of that part out of there.

And deleting that title gave me more room!!!!!
    mgeoffriau wrote: »
    Dashes and spacing are inconsistent for the dates given for each job.

i noticed that as soon as i posted it
  • Mr.Robot255Mr.Robot255 Member Posts: 196 ■■■□□□□□□□
    January at bottom spelling mistake.

looks a lot better than the original