GCIH coming up on 5-25-16

berto_testerberto_tester Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just as the title says. I have the GCIH coming up. I have taken the 504 course on demand. Done the videos, and am working through the audio. I have built a good index and continue to tweak it as I get closer to test day.

Any last words of wisdom as I get closer to the test day would be great. I am shooting for 90%+

Comments

• TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Having never seen any videos, I just assumed it was the same as the audio, just with video. I take it it's not. Isn't the same information covered in videos and audio? Who the star in the videos, I know the MP3's I'm listening to is John Strand.

How did you do on your practice exams? This is the best gauge to see if your ready for the exam or not.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • berto_testerberto_tester Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    In General yes the information is the same but the audio is John teaching the course at a SANS conference so he touches on different things and interacts with the class.

I got an 83% on my first practice exam (no index) and an 86% on my second (Poor index). I should have waited until I was done with my index for the practice exams.
    With practice test scores like that, You should do fine.
    I appreciate your confidence. I will let everyone know once I take the test.

I will post my index methodology and ways I think it could have been better if any.
    I passed with a 91%. This is how I studied
    I watched the On Demand Videos.
    Then I read through the books and created my index.
    Then I went through the audio and updated my index with things I may have missed or forgot.
    Took me 3 hours and 45 minutes to take the test.
    Congratulations. I'm taking mine around the middle of June.
  • quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats! Thats a great score
  • IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I am hoping to tackle the GCIH later this year. I did OnDemand for GSEC and CISSP but I am thinking I want to try live for GCIH.
  • ivatukivatuk Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on Passing the Cert. Can you please tell me how to get the OnDemand Videos and the books you read?
    In General yes the information is the same but the audio is John teaching the course at a SANS conference so he touches on different things and interacts with the class.

Yes, I know John Strand did the MP3 audio files, who was the instructor in the video?
    I passed with a 91%.

I was lucky to squeeze out a 78%, I thought the exam was harder than the Practice tests. I guess I wasn't as prepared as I thought I was.