Sans504/GCIH index

SecureNetSecureNet Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
If someone would like to share detailed Sans 504 book index please send it to dvd_maxmk (at) yahoo (dot) com.
I started building my own index but my job keeps me very busy and my GCIH exam date is coming very soon. Thanks in forward :D.

Comments

• GirlyGirlGirlyGirl Member Posts: 219
    I would assume that most people here have a job. You will not get any pitty from me because of your use of an excuse. You can always reschedule the exam.

I have an excel with a bunch of numbers in it from an accounting class. I will make sure to send it to you. Let me know if it's useful icon_lol.gif
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Wow, this is the lamest excuse I've ever heard. I'm pretty sure every single person in this board is busy with life stuff in the shape of main jobs, second jobs, higher education, family, friends, hobbies,etc yet we manage to carve out time to grow professionally. SANS is an investment. My employer has paid for 4 out the 5 classes I've taken yet I've invested a LOT of time working on indexes and relabbing for my 3 certs.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm half tempted to give him a copy of mine, after all its only 7 months outdated, it's not like they update the books and exam twice a year, that be crazy.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • SecureNetSecureNet Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    TechGromit wrote: »
    I'm half tempted to give him a copy of mine, after all its only 7 months outdated, it's not like they update the books and exam twice a year, that be crazy.

TechGromit, I don't believe that the books are updated twice a year. I read the books and I started to build my own index. If you send me yours I will be able to compare it with what I have done so far. Your help and kindness is much appreciated, thanks in forward.
  • xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    SecureNet wrote: »
    TechGromit, I don't believe that the books are updated twice a year. I read the books and I started to build my own index. If you send me yours I will be able to compare it with what I have done so far. Your help and kindness is much appreciated, thanks in forward.

How can you say no to such a convincing argument?
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If someone would like to share detailed Sans 504 book index please send it to dvd_maxmk (at) yahoo (dot) com.

I get a message delivery failure when I try to email you at dvd_maxmk (at) yahoo (dot) com. icon_wink.gif
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
    ^ I think you are using the wrong space icon_smile.gif
    E Double U wrote: »
    I get a message delivery failure when I try to email you at dvd_maxmk (at) yahoo (dot) com. icon_wink.gif

Try to email me at securenet192 (at) gmail (dot) com. Thanks.
  • TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Marketing emails coming your way. Thanks for the throw away!
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/

Same deal icon_cheers.gif
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
    E Double U wrote: »
    Same deal icon_cheers.gif

I don't know what is the problem with the email delivery, can you send me PM with your email address or drop box link? Thanks.

TechGromit, if you would like to share your index please send it to securenet192 (at) gmail (dot) com. Thanks.
    I think the guys are getting the same error I get:

"To: securenet192 (at) gmail (dot) com
    Error: The message can't be sent because at least one of the addresses isn't formatted correctly: securenet192 (at) gmail (dot) com."

icon_biggrin.gif
  • IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was able to successfully send to imtoobusytobuildmyownindexbecauseiwork@gmail.com Good luck!
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    I think the guys are getting the same error I get:

"To: securenet192 (at) gmail (dot) com
    Error: The message can't be sent because at least one of the addresses isn't formatted correctly: securenet192 (at) gmail (dot) com."

icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks you so much for your kindness, since kindness doesn't cost anything, it's for free. Kind people have a wish to help the others, when they ask for help...

Why so serious?
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Thanks you so much for your kindness, since kindness doesn't cost anything, it's for free.

We don't mind helping you if you need tips on building your index, tips on studying, etc. But this site is geared toward people who put forth the effort to study and get certified. Not for trading brain **** and giving indexes away. This is not the place for lazy people who want a free ride.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    PDF's for training in GCIH heading your way. Just disable your AV prior to download.
  • gwood113gwood113 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    BlackBeret wrote: »
    PDF's for training in GCIH heading your way. Just disable your AV prior to download.

It's legit he shared it with me too; trust me.
  • GirlyGirlGirlyGirl Member Posts: 219
    BlackBeret wrote: »

That was #funny
  • TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Same here! He was even nice enough to encrypt all my files. Now I know if the computer is stolen, I'm safe!
    gwood113 wrote: »
    It's legit he shared it with me too; trust me.
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
    This is not the place for lazy people who want a free ride.

Now you tell me. I have definitely been wasting my time here.
  • falshamranfalshamran Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    could please some send to me the index lazorde (at) gmail (dot) com
  • CIPHERSTONECIPHERSTONE Member Posts: 30 ■□□□□□□□□□
    An index alone doesn't guarantee passing the exam. I prefer to have two indexes if possible. Personally I create the index with the page heads and the topic. For example: bro - Installing, snort - rule header, then as I read through the top and bottom portion of the pages, and the bottom is usually where the juicy goodies are, I add those keywords. Spend an hour a night doing this. I like to take the day of the test off and schedule it for later in the day to give me time for quiet reflection. Also, once you have your index ready, take the practice exam. See where you were deficient to do focused study and also to shore up your index.