How often do SANS curriculum change? GCIA Specifically

jgangeles92jgangeles92 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took the training in 2014, and i still have the books. I wanted to jump back into my books and create an index off the materials I have. And try to pass off that rather than paying for the course again. Will course material from 2014 be relevant to 2017 testing material? Thank you.

Comments

• TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've heard once or twice a year. And it's not a complete re-write, they are just adding new material and removing material no longer relevant. What percentage amount they change is anyone's guess, 5%? 10%?

What I would do is study your materials you currently possess, create an index and purchase one practice exam and see how you do. This way you can see if the material you have is good enough to pass the current exam material. If you do well, then you can purchase an exam challenge.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I second doing a practice exam, but first I would look at the outline and make sure the subjects are covered. What might stink is 3 years is getting on the outdated side of technology...and at 4 years for a GIAC renewal you get the updated material which shows at some point the material has changed enough to warrant this.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    TechGuru80 wrote: »
    3 years is getting on the outdated side of technology...and at 4 years for a GIAC renewal you get the updated material which shows at some point the material has changed enough to warrant this.

There must someone here that has taken the course, and paid for extend there certification, they should be able to give you a good idea how much the material changes every four years.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • lostsollostsol Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great question, I'd like to hear more from others who have re-upped their certs.