Trade GCIH videos?

SecurityNoobSecurityNoob Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I recently took the GCIH course and have the course videos. Would anyone be willing to trade me their videos of whatever course for my GCIH videos?

Comments

• TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Can I share any of my SelfStudy course materials?

No. Users may not copy, reproduce, distribute, display, modify or create derivative works based upon all or any portion of the courseware in any medium whether printed, electronic or otherwise, without the express written consent of the SANS Institute. Without limiting the foregoing, user may not reproduce, distribute, re-publish, display, modify, or create derivative works based upon all or any portion of the courseware for purposes of teaching any computer or electronic security courses to any third party without the express written consent of the SANS Institute.

This would include videos as well, Get permission then we'll talk. Actually I don't have any videos so I guess we will not talk.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • SecurityNoobSecurityNoob Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    TechGromit wrote: »
    Can I share any of my SelfStudy course materials?

No. Users may not copy, reproduce, distribute, display, modify or create derivative works based upon all or any portion of the courseware in any medium whether printed, electronic or otherwise, without the express written consent of the SANS Institute. Without limiting the foregoing, user may not reproduce, distribute, re-publish, display, modify, or create derivative works based upon all or any portion of the courseware for purposes of teaching any computer or electronic security courses to any third party without the express written consent of the SANS Institute.

This would include videos as well, Get permission then we'll talk. Actually I don't have any videos so I guess we will not talk.

Surprised it took someone this long to post this. The truth is I don't care. I imagine that most of you will think I'm extremely unethical for this but oh well. I wanna learn and this is something I'm open to. So yeah.

I also have the videos for the GCFA from 2015 if anyone is interested.
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Lol @ people who want to work in security yet say things like "The truth is I don't care" in regards to policies. If you really just wanted to learn that stuff you could just grab some books on the subject. Get real...
  • SecurityNoobSecurityNoob Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Lol @ people who want to work in security yet say things like "The truth is I don't care" in regards to policies. If you really just wanted to learn that stuff you could just grab some books on the subject. Get real...

I could or I could do that in addition to what I'm doing in this post. You guys ever get sick from being so high up on your horse?
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Following policies is considered "being so high up on your horse"... Any guesses on if this guy uses **** for his certifications as well? He sounds pretty trustworthy and I would believe anything he says in response to this too. icon_lol.gif Thanks for the laughs tonight sir.
    Following policies is considered "being so high up on your horse"... Any guesses on if this guy uses **** for his certifications as well? He sounds pretty trustworthy and I would believe anything he says in response to this too. icon_lol.gif Thanks for the laughs tonight sir.

Ha. You're very welcome. I'm here for you.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Surprised it took someone this long to post this. The truth is I don't care. I imagine that most of you will think I'm extremely unethical for this but oh well. I wanna learn and this is something I'm open to. So yeah.

The issue is this website geared towards obtaining certifications, no one here would risk endangering there existing certifications, to take you up on your offer. I guess if you posted this offer on a website where no one bothers to get certifications, they would be more morally flexible taking you up on your offer. Honestly, I wish SANS allowed us to trade materials if no currency was involved, but they don't so I will no risk it.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
    TechGromit wrote: »
    The issue is this website geared towards obtaining certifications, no one here would risk endangering there existing certifications, to take you up on your offer. I guess if you posted this offer on a website where no one bothers to get certifications, they would be more morally flexible taking you up on your offer. Honestly, I wish SANS allowed us to trade materials if no currency was involved, but they don't so I will no risk it.

In order to endanger their certifications, someone from here would have to go out of their way and contact SANs and report the person. And as sad as that is, I wouldn't be surprised if someone here would be willing to do that which is very sad to me. Yeah, I'm cutting a corner to try and learn and share knowledge. Is it that bad? Am I that unethical? People here make it seem like I'm murdering someone. People here are so quick to jump out and say how bad I am cause of this and this and that. If you don't agree with it, that's fine. No need to go out of your way to say negative stuff or that SANs doesn't allow. I know. And plenty of people have PMed me about this for the videos. So yeah, people are interested. Most know they can't say they're interested here without being judged by 90% of people here.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    In order to endanger their certifications, someone from here would have to go out of their way and contact SANs and report the person.
    Yeah, there is another way. SANS and GIAC officials regularly read this public discussion forum. If they want YOUR details to revoke YOUR cert(s) for violating their rules you agreed on then I'll make it so.
  • InCryptableInCryptable Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    If they want YOUR details to revoke YOUR cert(s) for violating their rules you agreed on then I'll make it so.

Have there been requests made to YOU (OR other Mods) from SANS/GIAC for details on TechExams.net users and have YOU actually provided detailed info on TechExams.net users (i.e. User info, IP addresses, E-mail address, etc...) to various certification bodies?
  • xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    Have there been requests made to YOU (OR other Mods) from SANS/GIAC for details on TechExams.net users and have YOU actually provided detailed info on TechExams.net users (i.e. User info, IP addresses, E-mail address, etc...) to various certification bodies?

Loaded question, as a fake internet lawyer, I advised against answering that.
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • InCryptableInCryptable Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Loaded question, as a fake internet lawyer, I advised against answering that.

Well, he did write in effect, that he (or this website) would act as an agent in the process of revoking someone's certification by personally offering to "make it so".

As an admin on this site, I think it can be safe to infer that to "make it so" would involve the providing of detailed info on TechExams.net users in the form of providing that particular user's info (i.e. User info, IP addresses, E-mail address, etc...)

So, in light of that, Counselor, I withdraw the question to the panel and we can infer that, in fact, personal user info & details will be provided by this website (and probably has been done so in the past) by TechExams.net Admins/Mods, to those certifying bodies who may ask - with OR without a court order.

icon_lol.gif
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    It is the policy of TE to cooperate with all (human) certification authorities where possible in a non-legally-binding way. icon_wm.gif
  • CreatedJustToReportYouCreatedJustToReportYou Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The objective is accomplished, as stated here: "In order to endanger their certifications, someone from here would have to go out of their way and contact SANs and report the person. "
  • IntrusionNewbIntrusionNewb Registered Users Posts: 21 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ^^^ That's sad.
  • swildswild Member Posts: 828
    Also, it's probably worth it to state (for those lacking scruples) that PMs are not private from the Admins/Mods.

If I were an admin, I would also report anyone who PMs SecurityNoob about this. just sayin.