Options

ITIL online exam - PeopleCert

rasli79rasli79 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I'm planning to take my ITIL exam on November.
Would like to ask anyone of you took online exam via PeopleCert?

Take a online proctored exam, whenever you want, at home, at work, or almost anywhere you have internet access in. All you need is a computer with a webcam and we do the rest.

Do we need an external webcam? What happens if you get disconnection issue?

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi rasli79

You can use an integrated webcam if you have one on your laptop - Peoplecert do offer an online test if you want to see if your system works. If you get disconnection issues, the exam session freezes your progress and the proctor will try to contact you by phone to get the session reconnected. If it's not possible (for example a major internet issue) then the session will have to be rescheduled to another date.

I've done a couple of PC exams online and it's quite relaxing doing it at home.

Good luck!

Claire
  • Options
    mgeoffriaumgeoffriau Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used a laptop with an integrated webcam. If I recall, the proctor asked me to pick up the laptop and pan the camera around the room.
    CISSP || A+ || Network+ || Security+ || Project+ || Linux+ || Healthcare IT Technician || ITIL Foundation v3 || CEH || CHFI
    M.S. Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, WGU
  • Options
    Hi rasli79

You can use an integrated webcam if you have one on your laptop - Peoplecert do offer an online test if you want to see if your system works. If you get disconnection issues, the exam session freezes your progress and the proctor will try to contact you by phone to get the session reconnected. If it's not possible (for example a major internet issue) then the session will have to be rescheduled to another date.

I've done a couple of PC exams online and it's quite relaxing doing it at home.

Good luck!

Claire

Awesome. Thank you and will take the opportunity other than have to travel exam center for almost 2 hours drive.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    mgeoffriau wrote: »
    I used a laptop with an integrated webcam. If I recall, the proctor asked me to pick up the laptop and pan the camera around the room.

Thank you for the information :)
  • Options
    cc.chencc.chen Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    it was good experienced with PeopleCert for me. just passed exam last night 77%. good luck.
  • Options
    baSt4et8baSt4et8 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cc.chen wrote: »
    it was good experienced with PeopleCert for me. just passed exam last night 77%. good luck.

Hi! was it ITIL v3 Foundation? Could you kindly share? I will have this exam on 11th December
  • Options
    TheWeathermanTheWeatherman Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just wanted to share my experience with the PeopleCert live proctor. I had used my personal laptop with MIC and CAM enabled. I downloaded the testing software and followed the instructions and ran the test compatibility test. My laptop passed with one minor error, it required Javascript to be enabled. I was using FireFox at the time so I just went ahead and fixed that by defaulting to Internet Explorer 11 (temporarily :P). I logged in 10 minutes prior to my exam start and awaited a proctor to contact me. The proctor logged in at the scheduled time BUT initially we had some issues communicating and at one point, I had three different proctors troubleshooting on their side with me troubleshooting on my own. Long story short, it came down to my VPN connection. I just disabled it and lo! Success! Voice and Video was A-OK for the proctor!

NOTE: You cannot see the proctor! So do not expect any visuals on the other side

The proctor then introduced himself and asked me for an ID (I showed my DL on the integrated webcam) and then asked me to rotate the camera 360° in the room so that they can inspect the test area. TIP: Make sure there is nobody else in the room! Once he gave me the all clear, I clicked the exam start button and was on my merry way taking the test.

It took me about 25 minutes and submitted the test. I got the results almost instantly saying that I had passed! The proctor then said "Congratulations!" and went about his business processing the exam. We ended the session and I uninstalled the test taking software per the instructions provided in an e-mail sent previously. It took a couple of days to view the digital certificate but just the fact that you get your scores instantly is a nice pat on the back for studying.

That's my two cents! Hope it eases anybody's fear of taking the live proctored exams from PeopleCert!
  • Options
    BUGFREEBUGFREE Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    NadzzNadzz Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just wanted to share my experience with the PeopleCert live proctor. I had used my personal laptop with MIC and CAM enabled. I downloaded the testing software and followed the instructions and ran the test compatibility test. My laptop passed with one minor error, it required Javascript to be enabled. I was using FireFox at the time so I just went ahead and fixed that by defaulting to Internet Explorer 11 (temporarily :P). I logged in 10 minutes prior to my exam start and awaited a proctor to contact me. The proctor logged in at the scheduled time BUT initially we had some issues communicating and at one point, I had three different proctors troubleshooting on their side with me troubleshooting on my own. Long story short, it came down to my VPN connection. I just disabled it and lo! Success! Voice and Video was A-OK for the proctor!

NOTE: You cannot see the proctor! So do not expect any visuals on the other side

The proctor then introduced himself and asked me for an ID (I showed my DL on the integrated webcam) and then asked me to rotate the camera 360° in the room so that they can inspect the test area. TIP: Make sure there is nobody else in the room! Once he gave me the all clear, I clicked the exam start button and was on my merry way taking the test.

It took me about 25 minutes and submitted the test. I got the results almost instantly saying that I had passed! The proctor then said "Congratulations!" and went about his business processing the exam. We ended the session and I uninstalled the test taking software per the instructions provided in an e-mail sent previously. It took a couple of days to view the digital certificate but just the fact that you get your scores instantly is a nice pat on the back for studying.

That's my two cents! Hope it eases anybody's fear of taking the live proctored exams from PeopleCert!

Excellent I have have registered on the PC site and will sit for me exam soon. (any tips for preparing for the exam?)