Passed the CEH last month and Passed the GCIH this morning WHATS NEXT>>> (Advise)

AggressiveProgressionAggressiveProgression Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
Having recently passed by the CEH and the GCIH I was wondering if any one can provide some insight as to what I should consider next

Comments

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'd probably go after whatever area interests you the most.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    GCIA, GPEN, OSCP...there are many options. My recommendations would be based on what you do currently and what you are interested in.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    If you can get funding for more GIAC certs then GCIA would be the logical next step. Of course, CISSP is probably the biggest help on a resume for getting a first interview.

What's your area(s) of InfoSec specialty?
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    If you can get funding for more GIAC certs then GCIA would be the logical next step. Of course, CISSP is probably the biggest help on a resume for getting a first interview.

What's your area(s) of InfoSec specialty?
    Agreed...anytime you can get SANS/GIAC you should take it...certs like OSCP/CISSP/etc. can all be self-funded at a way lower cost.

How many years experience do you have? Are you at least close to the 4/5 year CISSP requirement, if not past? Is your brain fried from studying?
  • AggressiveProgressionAggressiveProgression Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    E Double U wrote: »
    GCIA, GPEN, OSCP...there are many options. My recommendations would be based on what you do currently and what you are interested in.

I've spent the majority of my cyber security career as a SOC Analyst, but recently I've served as a Security Engineer.
  • SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Depends on what you are looking to do in your future.
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.