Itil csi

joba19joba19 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
Is it worth doing the ITIL CSI course/exam?

Comments

• UncleBUncleB Member Posts: 417
    Would you care to tell us what you do and want to do so we can offer some more specific advice.

If you are a programmer working on a defence contract then you don't often get involved in using CSI in the ITIL way, or if you were a fork lift driver then it would have limited application, but if you work as a service desk manager then there is clear scope for it to benefit you and your team.

Also, what level of adoption of ITIL processes does your company currently have?

Lastly is there much interest in it from your management chain? If no-one gives a monkeys then there is not likely to be much support from your management or co-workers for the extra overhead it can bring.
  • joba19joba19 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    UncleB wrote: »
    Would you care to tell us what you do and want to do so we can offer some more specific advice.

If you are a programmer working on a defence contract then you don't often get involved in using CSI in the ITIL way, or if you were a fork lift driver then it would have limited application, but if you work as a service desk manager then there is clear scope for it to benefit you and your team.

Also, what level of adoption of ITIL processes does your company currently have?

Lastly is there much interest in it from your management chain? If no-one gives a monkeys then there is not likely to be much support from your management or co-workers for the extra overhead it can bring.

I do 1st and 2nd line technical support on hardware and infrastructure.

In the near future, I will be doing the SO course and exam, as I want to know every single thing within the SO life cycle. Hence, doing the SO course instead of the OSA one.

I am thinking of doing the CSI one next as I'm interested in it. Not sure what the interest is from my company or team though.

My company adopts all ITIL processes.
  • UncleBUncleB Member Posts: 417
    If you can get the budget for the course and the exam then go for it - remember you need proof of authorised training before you can take the exam.

Since you have ITIL adoption in place then there is room for CSI to be brought in at whatever level you can manage.

That's my opinion anyway. Good luck.
  • baSt4et8baSt4et8 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    UncleB wrote: »
    If you can get the budget for the course and the exam then go for it - remember you need proof of authorised training before you can take the exam.

Since you have ITIL adoption in place then there is room for CSI to be brought in at whatever level you can manage.

That's my opinion anyway. Good luck.

Hello, are there updated papers for the ITIL v3?