Passed GSEC - 1/2/18

DonklanderDonklander Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
My main caveat to this, it seems that open book tests are harder than closed book. I took CISSP roughly 2 months ago and finished within roughly 2.5 hours. This took about 4 hours (Also building lost internet connectivity, which took about 20-30 minutes to come back up).

Scored with a 92% and the good news is I have a better idea on how to build my Index from now on.

In other news, I have a spare practice test if anyone wants it.

Comments

• johndoeejohndoee Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sir,

First and foremost congratulations.

I am working on that exam myself.

I would be forever thankful if I could receive that practice test to gauge my understanding:

Thanks,
  • DonklanderDonklander Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • johndoeejohndoee Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank You so much.

bowing.gif
  • sofiabourbonsofiabourbon Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, Anyone having a spare test? I need one.

Thank you,

Vicky
  • sofiabourbonsofiabourbon Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How did you study for it? I'm having a really hard time with it.

Thank you!
  • quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi, Anyone having a spare test? I need one.

Thank you,

Vicky

Read the books three times, do the labs three times and make a thorough index while reading. That is the formula I have used for 6 SANS courses and never had a problem
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I found the GSEC material very interesting, so I tended to remember it easier, I also build a decent index. The GCIH was interesting as well, built two indexes, but the exam seemed harder then the GSEC. The GREM is pure hell. :)
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Randy_RandersonRandy_Randerson Member Posts: 115 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What did they do when they lost the Internet to the building? How does that work??
    TechGromit wrote: »
    I found the GSEC material very interesting, so I tended to remember it easier, I also build a decent index. The GCIH was interesting as well, built two indexes, but the exam seemed harder then the GSEC. The GREM is pure hell. :)

I think you'll surprise yourself with GREM when this is all said and done :)

GMOB was a lot of fun. Very relevant material and you can tell the authors had a lot of input on the types of questions they should be asking. When I took GCFE, it so tool based on syntax and options it was annoying.
  • DonklanderDonklander Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What did they do when they lost the Internet to the building? How does that work??

I waited while the test admin did whatever they are supposed to do. He tried to log back into the Pearson Vue app, but no luck there. Fortunately, I had about 30 questions and 1.5 hours left. Because as I was logged back into my test, there was roughly only an hour left. So the clock kept running during the downtime.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Donklander wrote: »
    I waited while the test admin did whatever they are supposed to do. He tried to log back into the Pearson Vue app, but no luck there. Fortunately, I had about 30 questions and 1.5 hours left. Because as I was logged back into my test, there was roughly only an hour left. So the clock kept running during the downtime.

This is a very real fear for me when I take exams, the place where I go has older computers, but each computer is on a full desk, so there's plenty of room to spread out my books. While I never lost connectivity during an exam, I've had times when it took 4 or 5 seconds for the next question to be displayed. Not sure if it's a server lag issue, or network connectivity.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.