Passed Sans GCIA

tboetboe Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
Not as good as I would have like to do, due to test anxiety lol but completed the exam with 82% about 3 weeks ago. I made sure I

would Post my Experience here being that this site helped with guidance with this one and also my other Certs. Went for a Live

Training Earlier this year in Texas and as a bonus from my manager also had on demand Content for 4 Months. I did not bundle my

exam because I do not do well with time restraints and plus I like to move at my own pace with any exam that I pursue. Most

Definitely a good challenge with this one, however with consistency I think anyone could Nail this one. I pretty much attended the

live training, read deeply through the material once, and used the on demand to touch areas I needed extra Work on. GL to anyone

that's in pursuit of this one.. any suggestions on a good follow up sans exam to this one??

Comments

• bsjj27bsjj27 Member Posts: 24 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, I'm working through on demand now. Did you have any IPV6 on it? The audio recording I thought I heard mention that it wasn't covered for the test but I may have misheard it.
  • COBOL_DOS_ERACOBOL_DOS_ERA Member Posts: 205 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!!! you did iticon_cheers.gif
    CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, PMI-ACP, SEC+, ITIL V3, A-CSM. And Many More.
  • mjs1104mjs1104 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, 503 is a beast.
    GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GCCC, GCPM, GMON, GCTI, GCFA, GREM, GPEN, A+, Net+, Security+, Server+, C|EH, EnCE, ACE, CFCE, etc.
  • MalwareMikeMalwareMike Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Im currently in the class and they have double the amount of books than any other Sans class Ive taken icon_mad.gif
    Current: GSEC, GCIH, GCIA, GWAPT, GYPC, RHCSA, WCNA
    2019 Goals: CISSP, Splunk certifications (Certified Core, Power User, Admin, and Architect)
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Malware_Mike

• E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    GCIA is definitely a beast. Congratulations!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm starting the class today in Denver.
  • LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    GCFA is a really good cert as it compliments the host based forensic that network forensic usually needs.

Since you have pass GCIA, I am curious how u had performed for ur day 6 initially and if ur able to analyze the day 6 ftp shell now that given u have pass the exam. Its a more of an out of your curiosity for me to better understand how well do passing the exams will translate directly to the lab hands on.
  • tboetboe Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Honestly I sucked a** on day 6....I was so burnt out from the whole entire week that I didn't even try to give optimal effort ...Dont be me tho, lol...

LionelTeo wrote: »
    GCFA is a really good cert as it compliments the host based forensic that network forensic usually needs.

Since you have pass GCIA, I am curious how u had performed for ur day 6 initially and if ur able to analyze the day 6 ftp shell now that given u have pass the exam. Its a more of an out of your curiosity for me to better understand how well do passing the exams will translate directly to the lab hands on.
    Good Luck, just be Persistent and you will do good!

Blucodex wrote: »
    Congrats! I'm starting the class today in Denver.
    Thank you E! how was GPEN? im torn between the forensics route ( GCFE OR GCFA) or partake on GPEN, any thoughts?
    E Double U wrote: »
    GCIA is definitely a beast. Congratulations!
    Really How many Books? I had 6 core books AND a big ole Lab Book..icon_rolleyes.gif
    Im currently in the class and they have double the amount of books than any other Sans class Ive taken icon_mad.gif
    Thanks! most definitely happy that's its over with
    mjs1104 wrote: »
    Congrats, 503 is a beast.
    OH and dont forget to index! I only used it about 3 times but I think its worth the time to compose it..
    tboe wrote: »
    Not as good as I would have like to do, due to test anxiety lol but completed the exam with 82% about 3 weeks ago. I made sure I

would Post my Experience here being that this site helped with guidance with this one and also my other Certs. Went for a Live

Training Earlier this year in Texas and as a bonus from my manager also had on demand Content for 4 Months. I did not bundle my

exam because I do not do well with time restraints and plus I like to move at my own pace with any exam that I pursue. Most

Definitely a good challenge with this one, however with consistency I think anyone could Nail this one. I pretty much attended the

live training, read deeply through the material once, and used the on demand to touch areas I needed extra Work on. GL to anyone

that's in pursuit of this one.. any suggestions on a good follow up sans exam to this one??
    yes, I did see IP6 but not that much, cover it and make sure you understand fully because you could have a great deal of IP6 questions

bsjj27 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass, I'm working through on demand now. Did you have any IPV6 on it? The audio recording I thought I heard mention that it wasn't covered for the test but I may have misheard it.
    icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
    Congrats!!! you did iticon_cheers.gif
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    tboe wrote: »
    Thank you E! how was GPEN? im torn between the forensics route ( GCFE OR GCFA) or partake on GPEN, any thoughts?

GPEN wasn't too bad since I already completed CEH and GCIH. There was a large enough material overlap between GPEN and GCIH that I used my GCIH index with some modifications instead of building a GPEN index from scratch. A lot of topics and tools are the same with the difference being GCIH has a blue team approach and GPEN uses the red team approach.

It was easy for me to not go in the forensics direction because it doesn't interest me.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
    Gotcha! Thanks Sir
    E Double U wrote: »
    GPEN wasn't too bad since I already completed CEH and GCIH. There was a large enough material overlap between GPEN and GCIH that I used my GCIH index with some modifications instead of building a GPEN index from scratch. A lot of topics and tools are the same with the difference being GCIH has a blue team approach and GPEN uses the red team approach.

It was easy for me to not go in the forensics direction because it doesn't interest me.