Formal acknowledgement of ITIL Expert?

Does anybody know if there is a formal award of ITIL Expert (was provisionally the Diploma) for anybody that took and passed the ITIL v2 Service Manager and then the v3 Manager's Bridge course and exam?

I was sent the certificate for the Manager's Bridge but there is no mention of ITIL Expert (or Diploma).

My Training Provider (UK based) cannot help.

Comments

• eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    First, congratulations to you.

I am not aware of a formal certificate that says "ITIL Expert".

I too received a certificate when I passed the manager's bridge course and exam, but no specific certificate that says "ITIL Expert". I know of a handful of others that also passed the bridge and did not get an "ITIL Expert" certificate.

About the best I can offer is that at least we're not alone....

MS
  • Fugazi1000Fugazi1000 Member Posts: 145
    Hi MS,

Thanks for the response, I'm guessing not too many other ITIL Manager/Experts frequent this techie oriented board....?

Steve
    I think it's only you and me...

MS
    A colleague of mine, also a V3 Expert, has just received a certificate that says 'Expert'! His came directly from the BCS, one of the UK Examining bodies.

So I guess something will arrive in time......

:D
    That would be nice...I completed mine back in April, and I all I have is the certificate that says "Managing Across the Lifecycle"....

MS
  • drratrandrratran Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My company is seeking an ITIL v3 expert (certified) for an exciting position. Please contact me at rick.neetz@cdotech.com if you are potentially interested or know someone who might be.
    An update....

I hassled my training provider who chased (again) the examining board who have finally sent a nice A4 certificate that proclaims 'ITIL Expert'
    Looks like I will need to do the same...all I currently have is that "Managing Across the Lifecycle" certificate....

Thanks,

MS
    Make sure you get the new 'Expert' badge also.

It seems the badges are now the colours of the V3 books (ie various shades of blue/green/purple) and the expert is 'blue'. Very similar in colour to the V2 practioner, but slightly larger. Same diamond/square with four lines radiating from the centre.

Cheers.

S.
    Fugazi1000 wrote:
    Make sure you get the new 'Expert' badge also.

It seems the badges are now the colours of the V3 books (ie various shades of blue/green/purple) and the expert is 'blue'. Very similar in colour to the V2 practioner, but slightly larger. Same diamond/square with four lines radiating from the centre.

Cheers.

S.

Funny...every badge I've ever received has been broken.
    Close to 9 months after taking the class and passing the exam, I finally received received my ITIL Expert certificate and pin today.

Pictures attached.
  • LBC90805LBC90805 Member Posts: 247
    eMeS wrote: »
    Close to 9 months after taking the class and passing the exam, I finally received received my ITIL Expert certificate and pin today.

Pictures attached.

Nine months HUH?

What are they over there, a bunch of dim witted stoners?
    LBC90805 wrote: »
    Nine months HUH?

What are they over there, a bunch of dim witted stoners?

I'd say they have some processes that are ripe for improvement...
    No service levels published, so no SLM KPIs missed! icon_wink.gif