Options

What's going on with the certifications? 0.0

NyromithNyromith Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I earned my MCP a few days ago. Today I received a mail and signed up to the mcp web site. The site gave me the option to download my certificate and claimed that I can order a printed certification.

When I passed the exam (70-270) I received a printed document that promised me a Welcome Kit (a physical one). Does it include my certification? If not, how can I order it?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Options
    dalesdales Member Posts: 225
    yes its a new thing, only been going about a month now, MS not producing welcome packs because of their "green" initiative.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcsa-mcse-windows-2003-general/44348-microsoft-certification-no-more-papers.html
    Kind Regards
    Dale Scriven

Twitter:dscriven
    Blog: vhorizon.co.uk
  • Options
    This is the announcement I see on the main page:
    In an effort to reduce our carbon footprint and impact on the environment, Microsoft has transitioned MCP certificates from paper to digital format. You can still order a printed certificate (a shipping and handling fee is required).
    Did someone already order a certification? How this process goes?
  • Options
    ResevenReseven Member Posts: 237 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'd like to know if you still get a card if you opt to pay for a paper cert.
    Has anyone ordered yet?
    Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Cards are officially gone...you can order certs, but not cards.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Yeah, it's disappointing about the cards. Not that I ever actually use them.
  • Options
    ResevenReseven Member Posts: 237 ■■■□□□□□□□
    skrpune wrote: »
    Cards are officially gone...you can order certs, but not cards.
    Bummer. I guess that goes for the pins as well? Not that I really cared about the pin.
    Basically everything physical is gone. icon_sad.gif

*shakes fist at MS*
    Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Reseven wrote: »
    Bummer. I guess that goes for the pins as well? Not that I really cared about the pin.
    Basically everything physical is gone.
    Pins have been gone for a year or two now. Enjoy your bits and bytes. :)
  • Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    astorrs wrote: »
    Pins have been gone for a year or two now.

Does this make them (the pins) a collectors item icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Did someone hear about a third party company that manufactures cards that looks like microsoft's?
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Nyromith wrote: »
    Did someone hear about a third party company that manufactures cards that looks like microsoft's?
    are you looking for one or saying that one exists already? I'm hoping there isn't one out there...there's enough dumpers out there, the last thing we need is people forging MS cards now.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nyromith wrote: »

I was debating buying a card printer to fill-in for them. Seems like a great business opportunity, given all the card-related outrage I've seen here icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    unclejohnnyunclejohnny Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I didn't hear about the third party company, but you have piqued my interest. Green initiative my a$$. Microsoft is just being cheap. After what we pay for tests, and the amount of time devoted to studying they should be giving us certificates and cards for free.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams." Willy Wonka