ITIL Intermediate Lifecycle Stream: Continual Service Improvement

eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
I passed this one today with an 80%.

It was definitely not as hard as the Service Transition exam that I took yesterday, but still required very careful reading of the scenario, questions, and answer choices.

I would say overall this was about about in the mid-range of difficulty when compared to the other ITIL Intermediate exams I have taken.

The other trend that I have noticed is that the Lifecycle Stream exams seem to be an order of magnitude more difficult than the Capability Stream exams.

That is now 7 of these down with 2 more to go. I have no firm plans for completing the remaining two, which are:

- Service Lifecycle: Service Strategy
- Service Capability: Planning, Protection and Optimization

Of those two, I would rather do the 2nd one. It's a more interesting topic, and covers things that I am very familiar with, such as Availability Management, Capacity Management, and IT Service Continuity Management

The first one is all about planning and deciding whether or not to move forward with IT decisions. I know that material well, however, it's very economics based and honestly kind of a bit dull.

In all liklihood, I will complete these during or before the week of Labor Day.

MS

Comments

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    eMeS wrote: »
    I passed this one today with an 80%.

It was definitely not as hard as the Service Transition exam that I took yesterday, but still required very careful reading of the scenario, questions, and answer choices.

I would say overall this was about about in the mid-range of difficulty when compared to the other ITIL Intermediate exams I have taken.

The other trend that I have noticed is that the Lifecycle Stream exams seem to be an order of magnitude more difficult than the Capability Stream exams.

That is now 7 of these down with 2 more to go. I have no firm plans for completing the remaining two, which are:

- Service Lifecycle: Service Strategy
    - Service Capability: Planning, Protection and Optimization

Of those two, I would rather do the 2nd one. It's a more interesting topic, and covers things that I am very familiar with, such as Availability Management, Capacity Management, and IT Service Continuity Management

The first one is all about planning and deciding whether or not to move forward with IT decisions. I know that material well, however, it's very economics based and honestly kind of a bit dull.

In all liklihood, I will complete these during or before the week of Labor Day.

MS

Congrats again. You are really knocking these things down. I was wondering if you don't mind the me asking, how much do these test cost each?
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    knwminus wrote: »
    Congrats again. You are really knocking these things down. I was wondering if you don't mind the me asking, how much do these test cost each?

$225 per exam.

Because I am an accredited trainer with Exin I get two exams per year at a 50% discount.

Thus, my total outlay for the 9 ITIL Intermediate exams is $1800.

Fortunately, because I am an accredited trainer, I do not have to take the actual classes associated with each of these exams. Most people that do these have to take the classes in order to take the exams, which is quite a bit more expensive. All of the intermediate classes amount to about 35 days worth of training. Depending on where one gets the training, this could be anywhere from $10,000 to $40,000, not including the costs of not working while in training, traveling, etc...

MS
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    eMeS wrote: »
    $225 per exam.

Because I am an accredited trainer with Exin I get two exams per year at a 50% discount.

Thus, my total outlay for the 9 ITIL Intermediate exams is $1800.

Fortunately, because I am an accredited trainer, I do not have to take the actual classes associated with each of these exams. Most people that do these have to take the classes in order to take the exams, which is quite a bit more expensive. All of the intermediate classes amount to about 35 days worth of training. Depending on where one gets the training, this could be anywhere from $10,000 to $40,000, not including the costs of not working while in training, traveling, etc...

MS

Wow. Well at least it is paying off for you right?
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    knwminus wrote: »
    Wow. Well at least it is paying off for you right?

Yes, very much so.

MS