ITEL v3 Transcender sucks!

pdragonzpdragonz Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I purchased a study guide from Transcender for ITEL v3 and have been studied for months (everyday). On my exam day, I felt 100% confident. When I saw the actual exam, there is only 1 or 2 questions that similar to Transcender study guide and the most of the questions I have no idea where they came from! I obviously failed the test with big disappointed icon_cry.gif. I called Transcender for my refund, but they gave a hard time!!

Comments

• computer800computer800 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Did you use any additional study material?
  • bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would think that getting the name of the certification correct would be a good start. You've referred to it as ITEL twice here and once in your only other post. ITIL = IT Infrastructure Library.

Did you just memorize the answers on the Transcender test and expect them to show up verbatim on the real test?
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    You might have had more success using Transcender's ITIL practice exams instead of ITEL. icon_lol.gif

But all joking aside, what other study materials did you use? From what I gather about this exam, one book or two would have sufficed in preparing you. Next time, DO NOT use practice test everyday. Here's my formula for taking a certification:

Read your books cover-to-cover once.
    Read them a second time and take notes.
    Take a practice quiz and mark your weak areas.
    Review the material you're having trouble understanding for a week or two.
    Take your second practice quiz WITH your notes (if you have taken good notes, you should have a near perfect score).
    Study using only your notes for another week or two.
    Take a practice quiz again (expect a near perfect score as well).
    When you're confident, schedule your exam and then nail it!
    Usus magister est optimus
  • morpheous7411morpheous7411 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    + 1

This is what I did when prepping for my ITIL V3 Exam; apart from books, I also watched CBT Nuggets twice. To really get a handle on the material, you need to read entire book(s) twice if you can.

Goodluck on your preparation for a retake.
    apena7 wrote: »
    You might have had more success using Transcender's ITIL practice exams instead of ITEL. icon_lol.gif

But all joking aside, what other study materials did you use? From what I gather about this exam, one book or two would have sufficed in preparing you. Next time, DO NOT use practice test everyday. Here's my formula for taking a certification:

Read your books cover-to-cover once.
    Read them a second time and take notes.
    Take a practice quiz and mark your weak areas.
    Review the material you're having trouble understanding for a week or two.
    Take your second practice quiz WITH your notes (if you have taken good notes, you should have a near perfect score).
    Study using only your notes for another week or two.
    Take a practice quiz again (expect a near perfect score as well).
    When you're confident, schedule your exam and then nail it!
    MCITP : Enterprise Administrator
    MCITP : Server Administrator
    CCNA : Cisco Certified Network Associate
    ITIL V3 Foundation
    CompTIA : A+, Network+, Security+, Server+

Currently working on Cisco Certified Network Professional CCNP's ROUTE Exam.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Just like the others said mate, do not expect any indentical questions to show up on the real exam. This is not a difficult test, it's the breadth of knowledge you need to have to pass this test. I used:

1. The ITIL handbook.
    2. The EXIN sample exams
    3. The practice exams from taruu.com and,
    4. The questions that eMeS has on his profile.

Follow the advice that apena7 and morpheous7411 have provided.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com