A couple of ITIL exam questions

moonlight08moonlight08 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm already ITIL v3 foundations certified and I'm thinking of going to the next level of certification, which is the intermediate level if I understand the scheme correctly.

First, I seem to recall hearing ITIL certifications are good for life, correct? Or at least good until v4 comes out. :D

Second, in order for me to actually become a certified intermediate level person, do I have to complete all modules within, say, Lifecycle or Capability streams? Or can I just pass a couple of the modules that interest me and that will be sufficient to gain intermediate level certification?

Third, what are the specific course/test numbers I would need to take? They don't seem to list it anywhere on the official site.

Comments

• eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    First, I seem to recall hearing ITIL certifications are good for life, correct? Or at least good until v4 comes out. :D

Yes, they are good for life.
    Second, in order for me to actually become a certified intermediate level person, do I have to complete all modules within, say, Lifecycle or Capability streams? Or can I just pass a couple of the modules that interest me and that will be sufficient to gain intermediate level certification?

You can pick the modules that interest you and take only those if that's what you want. Each module has an 8 question multiple-choice exam at the end of class.
    Third, what are the specific course/test numbers I would need to take? They don't seem to list it anywhere on the official site.

The exams can only be taken in conjunction with the courses.

The Lifecycle courses can be found here: http://www.itil-officialsite.com/Qualifications/ITILV3QualificationLevels/ITILLifecycleStream.asp .

The Capability courses can be found here: http://www.itil-officialsite.com/Qualifications/ITILV3QualificationLevels/ITILCapabilityStream.asp

I believe the links at that site will download a pdf syllabus for each course.

These courses are only offered by accredited training organizations. I would recommend looking at your favorite training provider to see which, if any, of these courses they are offering. I am not a big fan of the limited online solutions that are available for these courses.

I am delivering an ITIL Service Strategy course in mid-March in Chicago. PM me if you would like the enrollment information.

MS
    forkvoid wrote: »
    Totally unrelated to this post, but I just noticed your latest certification! Good job! ;)

You're the first...I figured I'd get more comments on that one...

MS
  • carboncopycarboncopy Member Posts: 259
    eMeS wrote: »
    You're the first...I figured I'd get more comments on that one...

MS

I saw that you had the ITIL v3 Expert on your sig like a couple of days ago.. I had a feeling that it was not there before, lol. Congrats!

You did get it recently... didn't you?
    :p
    carboncopy wrote: »
    I saw that you had the ITIL v3 Expert on your sig like a couple of days ago.. I had a feeling that it was not there before, lol. Congrats!

You did get it recently... didn't you?
    :p

No, that's not new...I've had that for about 3 years...

Look towards the end of my sig...

MS
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□

LOL awesome :)
  • carboncopycarboncopy Member Posts: 259

MS

I figured the "I feel stupid" moment was coming, lol