Systems Analyst Interview on Friday

XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey Guys, got an email back from the CIO today and informed that they wanted to bring me in for an interview on Friday. Earlier this month I had lunch with the CIO and Network manager and it went pretty good. I followed up with the CIO about a week ago and she wants to bring me in. Is their any advice you guys can give to me in regards to this position. Thanks in advance:D
LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Here's what I can think of in the middle of a fairly busy morning at work! >>

1. You must give them the impression that you are motivaited and WANT the job.
    2. Be honest about your skills and experience. DONT exaggerate too much.
    3. Be relaxed, look in the interviewer(s) in the eye.
    4. Wear a suit, shave and get a haircut.
    5. Firm handshake is a must.
    6. Know what you can about the company and the role.
    7. Go through your resume a couple of times so you can remember all that you have put down in it.

I'll let the other chime in with other tips. Good luck!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Xcluziv wrote: »
    Hey Guys, got an email back from the CIO today and informed that they wanted to bring me in for an interview on Friday. Earlier this month I had lunch with the CIO and Network manager and it went pretty good. I followed up with the CIO about a week ago and she wants to bring me in. Is their any advice you guys can give to me in regards to this position. Thanks in advance:D

Just be yourself and relax. I checked out your linkedin page and you have a nice assortment of skills, plus some job experience. You know what you bring to the table, just make sure to let them know.

Good luck!
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks guys for all the adviceicon_exclaim.gif Keep it coming:)

Here is the job description for the position:

Position Summary:
    The Systems Analyst will be responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of information systems.

Principal Duties and Responsibilities:

Develop, implement, and maintain an enterprise wide system that integrates the needs of all related insurance departments which includes the following:
    Environmental, Excess & Surplus, Surety, Workers Compensation, and Program Business
    To provide Web Based services to brokers, producers, agencies
    Maintenance of Back-office systems support including Claims and Accounting
    Application of standard practices as it applies to systems design, development, testing and implementation.
    Provide global customer service for systems maintenance and training for all end users; internal and external customers
    Other responsibilities as assigned.

Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
    3 years experience with C++, C#, Visual Basic, ASP, .NET, SQL Server, Crystal Reports.
    Web design experience (HTML, IIS, Web design tools, i.e.Dreamweaver, etc.)
    Exposure to Rebus Genius insurance processing package
    2+ years experience in an AS400 (SQL) environment.
    3+ years database design and development experience.
    Excellent oral and written communication skills.
    Excellent organizational skills; ability to be detail oriented and multi-task.
    Strong interpersonal skills; ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees, work independently or as part of a team.
    Strong analytical skills.
    Ability to make decisions according to rules, regulations and procedures.
    Ability to understand and carry out complex instructions, prepare and maintain complex records and files.
    Discretion in handling confidential/sensitive information.

Experience and Educational Requirements:
    Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science with 3 years programming experience or
    5+ years work experience in an IT environment.

Core Competencies
    Commitment
    Communication
    Integrity/Ethics
    Quality
    Results Driven
    Team Player

Job Related Competencies:
    Analytical/Critical Thinking
    Effective Business Partnerships

• thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck I will keep in prayers :)
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
    Here is the job description for the position:

Position Summary:
    The Systems Analyst will be responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of information systems.

Develop, implement, and maintain an enterprise wide system that integrates the needs of all related insurance departments which includes the following:
    Environmental, Excess & Surplus, Surety, Workers Compensation, and Program Business
    To provide Web Based services to brokers, producers, agencies
    Maintenance of Back-office systems support including Claims and Accounting
    Application of standard practices as it applies to systems design, development, testing and implementation.
    Provide global customer service for systems maintenance and training for all end users; internal and external customers
    Other responsibilities as assigned.

3 years experience with C++, C#, Visual Basic, ASP, .NET, SQL Server, Crystal Reports.
    Web design experience (HTML, IIS, Web design tools, i.e.Dreamweaver, etc.)
    Exposure to Rebus Genius insurance processing package
    2+ years experience in an AS400 (SQL) environment.
    3+ years database design and development experience.
    Excellent oral and written communication skills.
    Excellent organizational skills; ability to be detail oriented and multi-task.
    Strong interpersonal skills; ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees, work independently or as part of a team.
    Strong analytical skills.
    Ability to make decisions according to rules, regulations and procedures.
    Ability to understand and carry out complex instructions, prepare and maintain complex records and files.
    Discretion in handling confidential/sensitive information.

Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science with 3 years programming experience or
    5+ years work experience in an IT environment.

Core Competencies
    Commitment
    Communication
    Integrity/Ethics
    Quality
    Results Driven
    Team Player

Job Related Competencies:
    Analytical/Critical Thinking
    Effective Business Partnerships

Go get you some!
    I think that my interview went GREAT!!!! I talked with about 6 people total, I was there for about 2.5-3 hours. Really enjoyed what all the employees had to say about the company and atmosphere. the HR rep said I'll find something out in a couple of weeks after everyone collaborates , with this upcoming week being a Holiday you know..Going to send some follow up thank you emails to all of the people I talked with next week.

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's good to hear. Hope yu get it.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think that my interview went GREAT!!!! I talked with about 6 people total, I was there for about 2.5-3 hours. Really enjoyed what all the employees had to say about the company and atmosphere. the HR rep said I'll find something out in a couple of weeks after everyone collaborates , with this upcoming week being a Holiday you know..Going to send some follow up thank you emails to all of the people I talked with next week.

I think you will get it. No one wastes 3 hours on someone they don't consider a very strong person. Im waiting for the got the job update.
    Thanks earweed and knwminus!!!! It started around 9:30 and I left around 11:45 or 12. Thanks for all the tips and words of encouragment from everyone, ill give you all an update as soon as I hear something. I'm claiming it!

Hey guys, here is an update.

Got a call back from the HR partner and she informed me I would be moving on to the next steps of the process:D. This is basically them running a background check and take a personality assessment. Once the results are in, she said she would be back in touch with me and let me know the outcomeicon_cheers.gif

P.S. Also informed me the description of the job posting was not correct due to the company changing and evolving different positions. It was the same title but duties were a little different. I will post a little latericon_wink.gif

Got a call back from the HR partner and she informed me I would be moving on to the next steps of the process:D. This is basically them running a background check and take a personality assessment. Once the results are in, she said she would be back in touch with me and let me know the outcomeicon_cheers.gif

P.S. Also informed me the description of the job posting was not correct due to the company changing and evolving different positions. It was the same title but duties were a little different. I will post a little latericon_wink.gif

Keep us updated!
    Your close. :)
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.

Its almost yours. Be patient and you should get it (unless you are a slasher introvert or something lol)!
  • RockinITRockinIT Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! Sounds like you are well on your way.
    Courses Completed at WGU:
    Start Date: 10/01/10,

Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU with BS - IT: SEC:

EWB2, BAC1, LAT1, LET1, LUT1, QLC1, QMC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, GTT1, GUT1, TPV1, ABV1, BGV1, TSV1, WDV1, WSV1, BLV1, MGC1, ORC1, TWA1, CPW4
    Classes Transferred:

BBC1, LAE1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
    Certifications Held:

In progress!
  • sdyesssdyess Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hope you get it!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
    Thanks for all the encouragement guys!!! I'm being patient, I know good things will come out regardless....For every adversity, there is an equal or greater opportunity

Hey sdyess, how has everything been going for you?

Just got a call back from HR and they offered me the JOB!!!!!icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif I was over here bouncing off the walls

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats manicon_cheers.gif
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • falcon101falcon101 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just got a call back from HR and they offered me the JOB!!!!!icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif I was over here bouncing off the walls

Congrats!
    Well done friend! icon_cheers.gificon_thumright.gificon_sunny.gificon_cyclops_ani.gif
  • cbsharpe0824cbsharpe0824 Member Posts: 153

Praise God! That is awesome my man! Wish you well in your new position!icon_thumright.gif
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    nice work! congrats!
    WIP: IPS exam
  • ConfigConfig Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats and good luck
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats man!!!!
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats buddy!!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
    Thanks for all the encouraging words guys. I start work on Monday. I have an updated description of the job that they sent me. One again, thanks for all the support and guidance. I know it has truly been a big help into obtaining this position.icon_thumright.gif

Systems Analyst I

Position Summary:

Handle departmental requests for system changes or requests, including reporting, applications, troubleshooting. Set priorities based upon end-user needs.
    Develop, implement, and maintain systems to meet the needs of all related insurance companies using software/hardware as needed.
    Identity operational inefficiencies and develop solutions as required.
    Prepare and maintain all system documentation.
    Liaison between departments of the company to ensure smooth flow of day-to-day operations of insurance systems.
    For Maintenance and Support activities, meet the SLA’s defined for Underwriting
    Work on configurable product specific platforms such as Duck Creek for Underwriting
    Other duties as assigned.

Applications development including systems analysis and programming in SQL Server 2005/2008, C# .NET
    Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
    Excellent organizational skills; ability to be detail oriented
    Ability to work independently, as well as work in a team environment
    Strong interpersonal skills; ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees
    Ability to make decisions according to rules, regulations and procedures
    Ability to understand and carry out complex instructions, prepare and maintain complex records and files
    Discretion in handling confidential/sensitive information
    Customer focused and ability to understand Customer needs and strive to meet their needs in a professional manner
    Good understanding of Insurance Knowledge especially in Underwriting area

Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 1+ year programming experience
    1+ years experience in development projects.

Core Competencies:
    Commitment
    Communication
    Integrity/Ethics
    Quality
    Results Driven
    Team Player

Thanks for all the encouraging words guys. I start work on Monday. I have an updated description of the job that they sent me. One again, thanks for all the support and guidance. I know it has truly been a big help into obtaining this position.icon_thumright.gif

Systems Analyst I

Position Summary:

Handle departmental requests for system changes or requests, including reporting, applications, troubleshooting. Set priorities based upon end-user needs.
    Develop, implement, and maintain systems to meet the needs of all related insurance companies using software/hardware as needed.
    Identity operational inefficiencies and develop solutions as required.
    Prepare and maintain all system documentation.
    Liaison between departments of the company to ensure smooth flow of day-to-day operations of insurance systems.
    For Maintenance and Support activities, meet the SLA’s defined for Underwriting
    Work on configurable product specific platforms such as Duck Creek for Underwriting
    Other duties as assigned.

Applications development including systems analysis and programming in SQL Server 2005/2008, C# .NET
    Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
    Excellent organizational skills; ability to be detail oriented
    Ability to work independently, as well as work in a team environment
    Strong interpersonal skills; ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees
    Ability to make decisions according to rules, regulations and procedures
    Ability to understand and carry out complex instructions, prepare and maintain complex records and files
    Discretion in handling confidential/sensitive information
    Customer focused and ability to understand Customer needs and strive to meet their needs in a professional manner
    Good understanding of Insurance Knowledge especially in Underwriting area

Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 1+ year programming experience
    1+ years experience in development projects.

Core Competencies:
    Commitment
    Communication
    Integrity/Ethics
    Quality
    Results Driven
    Team Player

Ballin brother!

Well played and well done! Keep us posted on your career!
    Congrats!

What certs do you think you will go after (if any)?
    Good news... One more prayer answer and another one back to work :)