Test Review for the ITIL Intermediate Service Operation

Mary RoseMary Rose Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just took the Intermediate Service Operation ITIL V3 test, and I thought I’d write a review of that for those of you who’re thinking about taking the test. I can sum it up in a few words: it was darn tough, real tough.

First, let me tell you about my preparation.

I read the syllabus-related topics in the ITIL SO core book. APMG’s syllabus tells you precisely what topics you’re going to be tested on and advises you to read the entire book but tells you openly that there won’t be questions on topics not listed in the syllabus. So, I read those topics carefully and skimmed over the rest. The syllabus topics are about 90% of the book anyway.

I took a very valuable training course with ITSM Solutions (who has a very helpful staff and a really good training course that covers just about everything in SO). The course itself came with its own manual, which I read in addition to the SO core book. The course also came with little quizzes at the end of each section; took those too.

I took the 2 sample tests distributed by APM Group, and I scored 100% on both. To make sure that I secure at least 1 of the best possible answers, I retook the 2 sample tests only this time my aim was not just to identify the best answer but to categorize the remaining answers in terms of 2nd best, 3rd best, and distracter. My idea was that if I manage to give each possible answer precisely the rating it deserves, then I have the concept down pretty solid. Again, I scored 100% and got all the answers in the right places and categorization.

I felt pretty confident, so I took the test. This is where surprises begin.

While studying for the course, each sample test had AT LEAST 1 whole question dedicated to the Problem Management process. Other questions in the sample tests had elements related to Problem Management even if the question’s focus was some other process. So, I figured this is an essential process in SO and I must pay a little more attention to it. On the actual exam, there wasn’t a single mention of Problem Management or anything remotely related to it.

Also while studying, I don’t remember coming across many questions on Event Management. There may have been some aspects of some questions on the sample tests that were related to Event Management in some way, but no question was dedicated to it or covered it in depth (not even partially). Now, I knew Event Management was important if not for its own sake, then at least for how it affects and relates to other processes. So, I didn’t ignore it while studying, but I certainly didn’t give it anywhere near the attention that I gave Problem Management. The actual test came with 2 questions dedicated to nothing but Event Management! One of the questions covered Event Management on a high-level while the other delved into some of the more minute aspects of Event Management. Luckily I was able to answer the questions, but I was surprised of this shift of focus from Problem to Event when the sample tests gave every indication in the opposite direction.

The third surprise (it’s actually the 1st in order of questions on the exam) came in an extremely unpleasant manner. It was my least favorite part of SO: Common Service Operation Activities. While studying for the course, I didn’t enjoy this part because… don’t know how to put it any other way than to say IT SUCKS! This part of SO really does SUCK. I couldn’t find a common theme in this part, couldn’t get a good grasp of it, and couldn’t develop a mental image of the bigger picture of Common Activities. Considering that I didn’t enjoy it, I looked for reasons to ignore it. I picked through every single question on the sample tests looking for elements of Common SO Activities, I couldn’t find a trace! So, I assumed that this part is just there because it has to be (as a formality) in the core book. Consequently, I paid very little attention to it. Surprisingly, the first (and longest and most complex and most confusing) question on the actual test was JUST about Common SO Activities. I was very very mad. Nothing indicated that the test could come with something this nasty. It was the worst question on the entire test and took about a 3rd of the time ALONE! It was a really bad start for a really tough exam.

The fourth surprise came in the form of zooming in on a specific detail of a larger concept and basing the entire question on understanding this specific detail. For instance, the question that covered the Service Desk function did not require an understanding of the bigger picture of Service Desk. It just required a DETAILED understanding of the staffing aspect of Service Desk. The same goes for the questions that covered Access Management and SO Implementation & Technology Considerations. This was very tricky.

Overall, the test was far more difficult than I anticipated, and certainly much more tricky than what the APMG sample tests prepare you for. I didn’t expect to face this much difficulty considering that I scored a perfect 100% on the sample tests from first try. I took a course, read its manuals, read the core book on SO, took the APMG sample tests along with the sample tests that came with the course. So, I wouldn’t know what more I could do in the case of failing the exam. By the time I was done with the test, I was frustrated and anything but confident. I felt that I most certainly failed.

To make matters worse, I couldn’t find out the result instantly since they had a special testing/proctoring arrangement done for me (there are no accredited testing providers where I live). This means that you have to wait at least 48 hours to find out your result. It was 2 days of constant worrying because I had no idea what to do if I failed. There was nothing more to study/do!

My score turned out to be 95%, but I paid a heavy price of tension and worry.

My next step will be Service Transition.

Hope this is beneficial to others.

Regards.

Comments

• eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations on the pass!

I can confirm that this is roughly the same experience that I had, right down to the exact same score, 95%.

These are really challenging classes and exams. When you pass one you are proud to pass it and deserve to be.

MS
  • Mary RoseMary Rose Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    eMeS wrote: »
    Congratulations on the pass!

I can confirm that this is roughly the same experience that I had, right down to the exact same score, 95%.

These are really challenging classes and exams. When you pass one you are proud to pass it and deserve to be.

MS

Thank you for confirming my concerns and my post-result feelings. Indeed I felt quite proud of the achievement, and I think it was well-earned.

But I have a question on the nature of the test and another on the proctoring of it. Now that I took my first intermediate level exam, I don't believe it makes a difference whether or not the test is a closed-book test. The test is so long and so complex that really if you don't know the material, you can't possibly get the right answer from the book directly. As I was working out the questions in the test, I was thinking to myself that it was pointless to make it a closed-book exam; heck, even the proctor was pretty much useless. It really doesn't matter how many books or **** sheets you have. If you don't have a solid understanding of SO, you're just not gonna pass!

So, why do you think APMG makes it a requirement that it's a closed-book test?

Even more confusing than this is, why do they have such high requirements for accrediting testing institutions for the intermediate level? As I mentioned earlier, there are no testing institutions in my region that are accredited for ITIL testing beyond foundation level. You can do the foundation at Prometric here, but beyond this, testing institutions seem to fall below standards for accreditation. Well, judging by the SO test I took, the requirements for accrediting testing institutions shouldn't be that difficult since the quality of proctoring hardly matters in the outcome of the test.

The only possible way I could think would influence the outcome of a test is if an actual ITIL consultant took the place of someone else to do the test on their behalf. Of course no self-respecting consultant would do that. In fact, even if you're not so self-respecting, you still won't do it. Why would I give someone else the fruits of something I worked super hard for?

So, I don't think these 2 points add up really to how APMG chose to do things in terms of testing.
    Mary Rose wrote: »
    Thank you for confirming my concerns and my post-result feelings. Indeed I felt quite proud of the achievement, and I think it was well-earned.

But I have a question on the nature of the test and another on the proctoring of it. Now that I took my first intermediate level exam, I don't believe it makes a difference whether or not the test is a closed-book test. The test is so long and so complex that really if you don't know the material, you can't possibly get the right answer from the book directly. As I was working out the questions in the test, I was thinking to myself that it was pointless to make it a closed-book exam; heck, even the proctor was pretty much useless. It really doesn't matter how many books or **** sheets you have. If you don't have a solid understanding of SO, you're just not gonna pass!

It is a big deal to pass one of these exams...no doubt about it.

Agree, but I would take it a step farther and add that even if you have perfect knowledge of the material, you still might not pass.

The proctor is really just there to make sure the time limits are obeyed, there is not cheating, and that all of the exam material gets mailed back to the examination institute.
    So, why do you think APMG makes it a requirement that it's a closed-book test?

Not sure, but I suspect it is to protect the value of the certification. In v2 the practitioner exams were very hard as well. I do agree though, I don't think having books would make much of a difference.
    Even more confusing than this is, why do they have such high requirements for accrediting testing institutions for the intermediate level? As I mentioned earlier, there are no testing institutions in my region that are accredited for ITIL testing beyond foundation level. You can do the foundation at Prometric here, but beyond this, testing institutions seem to fall below standards for accreditation. Well, judging by the SO test I took, the requirements for accrediting testing institutions shouldn't be that difficult since the quality of proctoring hardly matters in the outcome of the test.

The proctor is usually separate from the organization delivering the exam. I wouldn't necessarily read anything into the overall requirements based on what you saw from the proctor. They usually know nothing about anything related to the exam you're taking.

The requirements are there to ensure that minimum standards are met. I really see nothing in those standards as to why there's not at least 1 in your part of the world (which for those of you reading that don't know "Mary", is the Middle East). Perhaps it's just a matter of some company hasn't taken up the charge yet.

There's also countless other reasons possible why there's not a good structure in place in that part of the world. Mostly these would be internal APMG decisions that they choose to share with no one.
    Why would I give someone else the fruits of something I worked super hard for?

It happens all the time in certification testing. People will take payment to take exams for someone else. It's rare to non-existent with ITIL exams, especially those beyond the foundation level.

MS
  • Mary RoseMary Rose Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Oh I think I misrepresented my case. There are actually quite a few testing institutions accredited for testing beyond foundation level in the Middle East, just not in the State of Qatar. If we're talking about the immediate Gulf region, then KSA, UAE (specifically Dubai), and Kuwait have such institutions. As for the larger Middle East, Lebanon and Egypt have even more institutions accredited by APMG. However, Qatar doesn't have a single one.

I'm not sure APMG is concerned about the way things are done or the way testing is managed here, and I don't think this is why they'd withhold accreditation from institutions in Qatar. Sure, tests might get leaked by testing institutions here (and it does happen), but the odds of this happening through a testing institution in Lebanon or Dubai are far higher than one in Qatar. Lebanon and Dubai are the Vegas of the Middle East; all sorts of shady business are easily accessible there, but unlike Vegas, what happens in Lebanon and Dubai unfortunately does not stay there. It spreads like Herpes all over the region. Yet, there are more APMG-accredited institutions in Lebanon and Dubai than any other place in this region.

I think the reason may have more to do with basic supply and demand. It probably costs something for testing institutions to get accreditation for testing beyond foundation level. Well, most people haven't heard of ITIL here at all. You can see people in the job market here with Foundation certification, but it's super super rare to find anything beyond that. I know of only 1 person who has Service Manager V2 certification in all of Qatar. As for V3, no one has the ITIL Expert title in this country yet. I may (just may) become the 1st person to acquire this title in this country.

So, I think the lack of demand from IT people here makes testing institutions reluctant to even seek anything beyond foundation since it may cost some money. That's my theory at least.

I'm actually glad that this is the situation. I know the creativity of the cheating mind here, and I know for certain tests will be leaked out if they're made available here. This will definitely bring down the value of a certification I'm working so hard for. I don't want that to happen.

Please APMG, don't accredit anyone here for testing beyond foundation!
    I'm not sure APMG is concerned about the way things are done or the way testing is managed here, and I don't think this is why they'd withhold accreditation from institutions in Qatar. Sure, tests might get leaked by testing institutions here (and it does happen), but the odds of this happening through a testing institution in Lebanon or Dubai are far higher than one in Qatar. Lebanon and Dubai are the Vegas of the Middle East; all sorts of shady business are easily accessible there, but unlike Vegas, what happens in Lebanon and Dubai unfortunately does not stay there. It spreads like Herpes all over the region. Yet, there are more APMG-accredited institutions in Lebanon and Dubai than any other place in this region.

About all APMG and the other examination institutes care about is money. If someone wanted to become an ATO there, they would certainly accept the money and deem them such.

**** have never really been on the radar for much of the ITIL stuff.
    I think the reason may have more to do with basic supply and demand. It probably costs something for testing institutions to get accreditation for testing beyond foundation level. Well, most people haven't heard of ITIL here at all. You can see people in the job market here with Foundation certification, but it's super super rare to find anything beyond that. I know of only 1 person who has Service Manager V2 certification in all of Qatar. As for V3, no one has the ITIL Expert title in this country yet. I may (just may) become the 1st person to acquire this title in this country.

I agree...completely supply and demand. However, I am a bit surprised that there isn't more demand there.
    I'm actually glad that this is the situation. I know the creativity of the cheating mind here, and I know for certain tests will be leaked out if they're made available here. This will definitely bring down the value of a certification I'm working so hard for. I don't want that to happen.

Please APMG, don't accredit anyone here for testing beyond foundation!

It won't help. It's easy for people here in the US to blame the third world for all leaked exams, but dishonesty is somewhat universal. I seriously question the standard assertion often stated about Microsoft **** that it's typically exam centers in "China, India, or the ME" that steal the exams. Actually, it's whomever thinks they can steal an exam, get away with it, and pad their pockets a bit.

With the ITIL exams the problem is more likely with the proctors and not the ATOs. The way the exams are often done the proctor has much more access than the ATO does. Plus the proctors are low-paid and therefore have motivation. That doesn't include the exams that are delivered online, which people can easily record or screencap or whatever....

MS
  • jiovalonjiovalon Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took the Intermediate Service Operation ITIL V3 test, and I thought I’d write a review of that for those of you who’re thinking about taking the test. I can sum it up in a few words: it was darn tough, real tough.

First, let me tell you about my preparation.

I read the syllabus-related topics in the ITIL SO core book. APMG’s syllabus tells you precisely what topics you’re going to be tested on and advises you to read the entire book but tells you openly that there won’t be questions on topics not listed in the syllabus. So, I read those topics carefully and skimmed over the rest. The syllabus topics are about 90% of the book anyway.

I took a very valuable training course with ITSM Solutions (who has a very helpful staff and a really good training course that covers just about everything in SO). The course itself came with its own manual, which I read in addition to the SO core book. The course also came with little quizzes at the end of each section; took those too.

I took the 2 sample tests distributed by APM Group, and I scored 100% on both. To make sure that I secure at least 1 of the best possible answers, I retook the 2 sample tests only this time my aim was not just to identify the best answer but to categorize the remaining answers in terms of 2nd best, 3rd best, and distracter. My idea was that if I manage to give each possible answer precisely the rating it deserves, then I have the concept down pretty solid. Again, I scored 100% and got all the answers in the right places and categorization.

I felt pretty confident, so I took the test. This is where surprises begin.

While studying for the course, each sample test had AT LEAST 1 whole question dedicated to the Problem Management process. Other questions in the sample tests had elements related to Problem Management even if the question’s focus was some other process. So, I figured this is an essential process in SO and I must pay a little more attention to it. On the actual exam, there wasn’t a single mention of Problem Management or anything remotely related to it.

Also while studying, I don’t remember coming across many questions on Event Management. There may have been some aspects of some questions on the sample tests that were related to Event Management in some way, but no question was dedicated to it or covered it in depth (not even partially). Now, I knew Event Management was important if not for its own sake, then at least for how it affects and relates to other processes. So, I didn’t ignore it while studying, but I certainly didn’t give it anywhere near the attention that I gave Problem Management. The actual test came with 2 questions dedicated to nothing but Event Management! One of the questions covered Event Management on a high-level while the other delved into some of the more minute aspects of Event Management. Luckily I was able to answer the questions, but I was surprised of this shift of focus from Problem to Event when the sample tests gave every indication in the opposite direction.

The third surprise (it’s actually the 1st in order of questions on the exam) came in an extremely unpleasant manner. It was my least favorite part of SO: Common Service Operation Activities. While studying for the course, I didn’t enjoy this part because… don’t know how to put it any other way than to say IT SUCKS! This part of SO really does SUCK. I couldn’t find a common theme in this part, couldn’t get a good grasp of it, and couldn’t develop a mental image of the bigger picture of Common Activities. Considering that I didn’t enjoy it, I looked for reasons to ignore it. I picked through every single question on the sample tests looking for elements of Common SO Activities, I couldn’t find a trace! So, I assumed that this part is just there because it has to be (as a formality) in the core book. Consequently, I paid very little attention to it. Surprisingly, the first (and longest and most complex and most confusing) question on the actual test was JUST about Common SO Activities. I was very very mad. Nothing indicated that the test could come with something this nasty. It was the worst question on the entire test and took about a 3rd of the time ALONE! It was a really bad start for a really tough exam.

The fourth surprise came in the form of zooming in on a specific detail of a larger concept and basing the entire question on understanding this specific detail. For instance, the question that covered the Service Desk function did not require an understanding of the bigger picture of Service Desk. It just required a DETAILED understanding of the staffing aspect of Service Desk. The same goes for the questions that covered Access Management and SO Implementation & Technology Considerations. This was very tricky.

Overall, the test was far more difficult than I anticipated, and certainly much more tricky than what the APMG sample tests prepare you for. I didn’t expect to face this much difficulty considering that I scored a perfect 100% on the sample tests from first try. I took a course, read its manuals, read the core book on SO, took the APMG sample tests along with the sample tests that came with the course. So, I wouldn’t know what more I could do in the case of failing the exam. By the time I was done with the test, I was frustrated and anything but confident. I felt that I most certainly failed.

To make matters worse, I couldn’t find out the result instantly since they had a special testing/proctoring arrangement done for me (there are no accredited testing providers where I live). This means that you have to wait at least 48 hours to find out your result. It was 2 days of constant worrying because I had no idea what to do if I failed. There was nothing more to study/do!

My score turned out to be 95%, but I paid a heavy price of tension and worry.

My next step will be Service Transition.

Hope this is beneficial to others.

Regards.

Congratulations on the achievement, you can tell me what book or study that was how their study to obtain the certification.

Chears

I am planning to give the Service Operation paper. I have been studying the SO book which is from OGC.
    Any other recommendations / preparations that will help me clear this exam

Is it necessary to go through training institutes?

Regards
    Arun
    Congrats for your achievement.

I am planning to give the Service Operation paper. I have been studying the SO book which is from OGC.
    Any other recommendations / preparations that will help me clear this exam

Is it necessary to go through training institutes?

Regards
    Arun

You must attend the appropriate accredited class delivered by an Accredited Training Organization in order to site any of the ITIL Intermediate exams.

MS
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You must attend the appropriate accredited class delivered by an Accredited Training Organization in order to site any of the ITIL Intermediate exams.

MS

MS:

Where would you recommend purchasing the Operations OGC book if you live in the US? I would like to receive it within a week and not have to wait several weeks.

Kind Regards,

Patrick

PS Mary Rose congrats on the awesome pass!
    N2IT wrote: »
    MS:

Where would you recommend purchasing the Operations OGC book if you live in the US? I would like to receive it within a week and not have to wait several weeks.

Kind Regards,

Patrick

PS Mary Rose congrats on the awesome pass!

You can order it from Amazon.

Amazon.com: Service Operation Book (Itil) (9780113310463): Office of Government Commerce: Books

MS

Just double checking. Thanks MS just ordered it.

Cheers
  • pakgeekpakgeek Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just double checking. Thanks MS just ordered it.

Cheers

Is this is a required book for the SO training course?
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Pakgeek

The V3 syllabi all recommend you do some pre-reading in the ITIL V3 core volumes as part of your study (SO for example recommends 21 hours reading and personal study - that's as long as the contact hours for the course).

You can in theory pass the exams using the material from your Training Organisation, but if you can afford to get a copy of the book then feedback from candidates I've trained suggests it's well worth it.

Claire
    pakgeek wrote: »
    Is this is a required book for the SO training course?

Claire is much more qualified to answer this question than I. But from what everyone has said, it's a good idea to read the book.
    Claire is much more qualified to answer this question than I. But from what everyone has said, it's a good idea to read the book.

I'm always amazed when someone shows up to an intermediate class and hasn't read, doesn't own, and has no idea that they need the book. This happens often. There are people out there who think they can achieve expert without reading any of the books....

MS
    It's scary isn't it? Changing that one word 'recommended' to 'mandatory' in the syllabus would be a big difference!

Having said that, pre-reading is mandatory on PRINCE2 courses and I know a lot of trainer friends who dispair at how many people still don't do it.

Claire
    MS and Claire:

Well my Service Operations books just showed up today :D

What strategy would you use studying this book? In the past I normally would read through the book, but on special occasions I would read the book and highlight the main points or even write out note cards to reinforce the material. Since a lot of the information is new to me or newer it sometimes takes me several reads to get the concepts locked in my mind. (Not re reading the book, but just a topic, process, function etc).

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
    They can be a bit intimidating those books can't they!?

I'm not sure if you're studying for SO or OSA, but you could grab a copy of the syllabus for the relevant course (available from http://www.itil-officialsite.com) and use that to provide a bit of direction.

The syllabi cover the majority of the book, but you can read in a more structured way.

Making some notes as you mentioned will definitely help you focus - I'm a big fan of trying to condense stuff into mind maps - I always challenge myself to get a chapter onto a sheet of paper.

Think about how you've learnt in the past as well - do you learn by watching, or listening, or doing stuff? If you're a visual learner then reading is okay, if you're auditory or kinaesthetic then you might have to rope in some friends and colleagues so you can present to them!

Claire
    They can be a bit intimidating those books can't they!?

I'm not sure if you're studying for SO or OSA, but you could grab a copy of the syllabus for the relevant course (available from http://www.itil-officialsite.com) and use that to provide a bit of direction.

The syllabi cover the majority of the book, but you can read in a more structured way.

Making some notes as you mentioned will definitely help you focus - I'm a big fan of trying to condense stuff into mind maps - I always challenge myself to get a chapter onto a sheet of paper.

Think about how you've learnt in the past as well - do you learn by watching, or listening, or doing stuff? If you're a visual learner then reading is okay, if you're auditory or kinaesthetic then you might have to rope in some friends and colleagues so you can present to them!

Claire

Which is easier? OSA or OS Just kidding. I am going to train for the OSA. I currently work in a helpdesk environment so I am looking for something I can utilize/practice now and hopefully leverage into a new position eventually. MS mentioned that the SO is more management and the other is more functional. To be honest Claire I am not sure which one I should take. I at least have it narrowed down to those two. Either way I should learn a lot and develop some knowledge. I eventually want to be in a management role, we will see :)

I will tell you this much I am very excited about the training. I think with a little more experience and training I can land the job I want.

****One thing I notice was that the OSA mentioned not only operations but CSI. Is it recommended to read CSI and SO or will SO be enough. Sorry for the questions, but until now I thought reading SO would of been enough to training and test for OSA

Best Regards,

Patrick
    I'm really glad you're excited about the training - there is so much cynicism about ITIL training at the moment I think a lot of the industry has lost sight of the people who want to learn!

OSA is a good course and a bit more practical than SO so it sounds like the right choice for you. If you have a look at the syllabus you'll see the majority of it relates to SO, but it does touch on some references from CSI, ST and SD as well.

My opinion is that you will be okay reading SO and picking up the content from the other core volumes from the training material. No guarantees of course icon_wink.gif

Claire
    I'm really glad you're excited about the training - there is so much cynicism about ITIL training at the moment I think a lot of the industry has lost sight of the people who want to learn!

OSA is a good course and a bit more practical than SO so it sounds like the right choice for you. If you have a look at the syllabus you'll see the majority of it relates to SO, but it does touch on some references from CSI, ST and SD as well.

My opinion is that you will be okay reading SO and picking up the content from the other core volumes from the training material. No guarantees of course icon_wink.gif

Claire

Thanks a lot for you time.
    ****One thing I notice was that the OSA mentioned not only operations but CSI. Is it recommended to read CSI and SO or will SO be enough. Sorry for the questions, but until now I thought reading SO would of been enough to training and test for OSA

The lifecycle courses tend to each focus on 1 of the 5 core books, whereas the capability courses tend to mix material from multiple books.

I always recommend that people have read the relevant material before the class.

MS
    The lifecycle courses tend to each focus on 1 of the 5 core books, whereas the capability courses tend to mix material from multiple books.

I always recommend that people have read the relevant material before the class.

MS

MS I don't really have the extra resources to spend on the CSI book. Is there any free information or will the life cycle guide from the OGC be enough. I purchased that book from the OGC The Introduction to the ITIL Service Lifecycle Book: 2nd edition

I do have the Service Operations book also which I began to read. In your opinion would it be best to take the SO or will the life cycle in conjunction with the SO be enough for the OSA?

Thanks for any response.
    MS I don't really have the extra resources to spend on the CSI book. Is there any free information or will the life cycle guide from the OGC be enough. I purchased that book from the OGC The Introduction to the ITIL Service Lifecycle Book: 2nd edition

I do have the Service Operations book also which I began to read. In your opinion would it be best to take the SO or will the life cycle in conjunction with the SO be enough for the OSA?

Thanks for any response.

This should give you most of what you need:

Continual service improvement - Google Books

MS
  • NeeteshNeetesh Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CONGRATZZZ

Just a help required.
    I have successfully passed ITIL foundation exams.
    Now i want to give Servise Design exams but i am not able to get the exam code so as to download ****.
    Can you help me with exam code please so i can start the study.......

neet
  • NadzNadz Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the 2 sample tests distributed by APM Group, and I scored 100% on both.

Mary,
    How did you get hold of the APMG Sample Tests for Intermediate? I have been trying real hard to get hold of a few to get a feel for the exam, but haven't had any luck. Getting quite frustrating icon_sad.gif.
    Nadz.
    Nadz wrote: »
    Mary,
    How did you get hold of the APMG Sample Tests for Intermediate? I have been trying real hard to get hold of a few to get a feel for the exam, but haven't had any luck. Getting quite frustrating icon_sad.gif.
    Nadz.

Yeah, they're controlled such that you'd only get them from an accredited training organization that is delivering a class.

MS
  • panchals17panchals17 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Guys,

I am unable to find out how to take ITIL Service Operation Intermmidiate Level Exam and what is the fees for it ?

Can you please provide info ? (I am located in Toronto Canada)

Thank you..
  • atlex123atlex123 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

Last month I have successfully cleared ITIL Service Operations Intermediate level exam.

I worked in India and my day-to-day job is in IT support (Mostly with Incident Management).

Now I want to go for one more life cycle module (ST/SD/SS/CSI), can anyone tell me which one I should go for w.r.t. to my current job profile? Which module should I select to enhance my IT skill for better job prospect? Also if I completed only 2/3 modules (not full life cycle), then what will be the value in market for these certifications?
  • pearlgdeakpearlgdeak Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi Claire,

is that possible to review the answers for the SO exam which I cleared also the ones i failed in order to re-study them?
    Regards,

Pearl
    It's scary isn't it? Changing that one word 'recommended' to 'mandatory' in the syllabus would be a big difference!

Having said that, pre-reading is mandatory on PRINCE2 courses and I know a lot of trainer friends who dispair at how many people still don't do it.

Claire