Signing up for ITIL Foundations v3

the_wondererthe_wonderer Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
What is the process for signing up to take the ITIL v3? Can I take it at a Prometric training center? Thanks everyone.

Comments

• eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Class or exam only?

If you only want to take the exam, then do it through Prometric.com .

MS
  • the_wondererthe_wonderer Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The exam only...I mainly just wanted to verify that EXIN is the correct test.
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yes, the exam is listed under Exin in Prometric's system.

MS
  • ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Exin test is valid for ITIL cert. There is no course requirement, so you can simply register and take the exam.
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Btw, getcertify4less.com is currently offering discounted vouchers, but they expire tomorrow:

Exin Voucher Early Expiry Worldwide - $87
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • the_wondererthe_wonderer Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you all. Unfortunately, I need about two more weeks of studying just to get all the concepts down. I'm a slow studier and the last thing I want to do after work is study for IT certs. Hopefully by early May I can acquire this. I feel pretty confident right now, but seem to forget everything once I enter the test center.
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Thank you all. Unfortunately, I need about two more weeks of studying just to get all the concepts down. I'm a slow studier and the last thing I want to do after work is study for IT certs. Hopefully by early May I can acquire this. I feel pretty confident right now, but seem to forget everything once I enter the test center.

I would recommend using flash cards to study with.

One excellent recommendation I saw on the forums here was "cuecard" which is a freeware you can utilize to make flash cards yourself.

With regards to ITIL, I would advise to look at the syllabus, and know that.

You know, the service lifecycle, the different phases of the lifecycle, the different processes for each lifecycle, the different functions that are available to you in service operation, etc.. And, of course, some processes contain sub-processes, so be mindful of those also. Be able to visualize all of that in a picture (draw it yourself, and explain it to yourself) and you should be ready for ITIL Foundation.

Also, you particularly mention going into the test, and seemingly forgetting everything ... that could just be good old test anxiety. Try to get logo'ed material to use for practice test. Just get the free practice test from the official site. I was going all over looking for practice test material, but be warned ... I saw a couple out there where the answers appeared wrong

By Logo'ed material, I mean something that you can find listed on the ITIL officialsite. No need to order from the official site vendor, get the books from Amazon, but you can reference official site for a list of publishers/books they approve.

The official site is here:

http://www.itil-officialsite.com

If you get tired of that free test, I believe they have some other tests for you to try, also (just have to buy them from the vendor.) I chose the cheap-skate route, and barely passed ... learn from my mistake!

I hope this helps you!
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)