Giac g2700

anothergeekanothergeek Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
I failed the exam before and Im having a hard time reading the "How to Achieve 27001 Certification" book that I purchased. To the people who have passed the exam what did you do to prepare and do you have any tips on getting through this certification process? Any help, ideas, etc are greatly appreciated.
GCIH, CEH, CHFI, EDRP, Sec +, ITIL

Comments

• AlexNguyenAlexNguyen Member Posts: 358 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There's an "ISO27000 for information security management" group on LinkedIn. Sometimes, they announced free webinars for the members. The webinars are sponsored by ISO 27001 / BS 25999 Implementation & Certification Made Easy.

I don't know if the GIAC cert for ISO2700 is well known. But I've seen many job postings asking about ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer or Lead Auditor certs.
    Knowledge has no value if it is not shared.
    Knowledge can cure ignorance, but intelligence cannot cure stupidity.
  • anothergeekanothergeek Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    AlexNguyen wrote: »
    There's an "ISO27000 for information security management" group on LinkedIn. Sometimes, they announced free webinars for the members. The webinars are sponsored by ISO 27001 / BS 25999 Implementation & Certification Made Easy.

I don't know if the GIAC cert for ISO2700 is well known. But I've seen many job postings asking about ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer or Lead Auditor certs.

Thanks for that information...I've never seen that requirement for a job either. I will check out the LinkedIn group. Thanks
    GCIH, CEH, CHFI, EDRP, Sec +, ITIL