Options

Passed my ITIL Foundation today...

armandsssarmandsss Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed my ITIL Foundation certificate today. Scored 85% in 25 minutes. Took me 1 week to prepare, used exclusively ''ITIL Foundation Exam Study Guide'' by Liz Gallacher & Helen Morris which is very good book imo.

Overall wasn't impressed with the test..... because these kind of tests you probably have in high school. Very easy and there is so much room for error (65% is passing score) that it's hard not to pass. I can't compare how tough were Cisco exams and how was this one. Basically if Cisco exams has the highest failure rate in this indstry then ITIL probably has the lowest :)

If my english language would have been native, then I guess I could have prepared even in less than week. Additionally can say that working already in work environment wthich uses ITIL framework helped to understand the principles better.

Comments

• Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I have been hearing this a lot about the ITIL Foundation exam but I've been seeing it a lot on job requirements and the mouse wants me to get it.
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    disfunktedfishdisfunktedfish Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just passed the ITIL Foundation exam (same scrore) and I spent about three weeks preparing for it. While most of the test consist of just memorizing the basic ideas and vocabulary, I still think those ideas are pretty important health of a successful IT department. If you've been in few IT environments where that type of organization does not exist, you come to appreciate the ideas ITIL can offer an organization.

I think the ITIL Foundation exam is accessible to a big scope of people by design and I can appreciate this fact. I do believe more IT orginaizations need to adopt some of these best practices because IT can be a herd of cats. If an IT departments runs inefficiently, then you're outsourced because they can find someone to do cheaper.
  • Options
    ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    LOL - "because IT can be a herd of cats". Thanks for the laugh disfunktedfish. So true, yet my cats would be offended. Our department is actually soon to go through ITIL Foundations training in about a month. I've been reading a couple books ahead because we have the option to take the exam at the end of the training, and I'd like to be ready. I'm finding the framework information to be really very helpful in changing the perspective of IT personnel to understand services better, and given that it seems our leadership is moving toward an ITIL methodology, I'm hopeful that the principles will make things better for IT personnel and our customers alike.

Congrats on the pass armandsss!
  • Options
    PolynomialPolynomial Member Posts: 365
    I just bought the same book. I'm getting the impression this isn't the most difficult test?

I'm very very good at memorization for tests.
  • Options
    armandsssarmandsss Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Polynomial wrote: »
    I just bought the same book. I'm getting the impression this isn't the most difficult test?

It's pretty easy. Don't worry... just read the book and if you are already working in work environment who is using ITIL framework, then it should be even easier. Do some couple of practice tests and you should be Ok !