Options

PASSED ! ITIL Foundation

moe411moe411 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I just passed my ITIL Foundation exam. I'm very happy. I studied for about 30 hours. 2 books were key to my success, firstly I used ITIL Foundation Study Guide by Liz Gallacher and Helen Morris. I found this book much easier to read and comprehend than other books I had browsed and it proved essential to my passing this test. I could NOT have made it without reading this book.

I also browsed Edward Chung's blog at: My Complete ITIL v3 Foundation Certification Journey - Study Resources and Tips

It was full of useful info and his blog plugged a lot of holes I had in my knowledge, hats off to him for providing such an essential ressource.

I also bought a last minute book from Christopher Scordo: ITIL Exam Prep Questions and Answers. I bought this last minute when I ran out of example tests and questions. I'm very happy I did. This book is very thorough. It help me better grasp the ITIL language and the ITIL question types.

Thanks to all that posted in these forums, the information I found here was key to my passing this exam,

M

Comments

• Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations M, what are your next study plans?

Claire
  • Options
    GrindzGrindz Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratz Moe411
  • Options
    riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did you appear in prometric or Exin web based?
  • Options
    riyan wrote: »
    Did you appear in prometric or Exin web based?
    Hi, I did Exin, Web Based.
  • Options
    Congratulations M, what are your next study plans?

Claire

Hello Claire, I'm thinking my next step would be Service Operation, I'm currently managing an IT Service Desk so I think this would be a logical next step, thoughts ?
  • Options
    Grindz wrote: »
    Congratz Moe411

Thanks !
  • Options
    Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Moe

Service Operation or Operational Support and Analysis could both work for you. SO focuses more on the manager's perspective (implementing and measuring processes) and OSA focuses more on the operational activities within each process it covers.

Kind regards

Claire