Passed Foundation

jonwinterburnjonwinterburn Member Posts: 161 ■■■■□□□□□□
Not that big a deal, but thought I'd share it with you anyway. Resources I used:

IT Service Management: A Guide for ITIL Foundation Exam Candidates: Amazon.co.uk: Ernest Brewster, Richard Griffiths, Aidan Lawes, John Sansbury: 9781906124939: Books - a great book. Gives you everything you need to know. Some reviewers complain it's too dry. I thought it was perfect. Bite-sized information, clearly laid out. Covered everything.

IT Service Management Foundation Practice Questions: For ITIL Foundation Exam Candidates: Amazon.co.uk: Tony Gannon, Nigel Mear, Steve Mann: 9781780171142: Books - these questions were the perfect companion to the book. The questions in this book are harder than the questions on the exam.

At first I wasn't quite getting all of the concepts in the book above. No fault of the book, I just couldn't piece it all together in my head. There was a sale on Udemy, so I got this: https://www.udemy.com/itil-2011-foundation-exam-training/#/ - it's a good course. Really helped to cement the concepts. Did the course then re-read the book twice through and did the questions from the companion book.

Overall, I'm glad I learned the basics of ITIL. But I was over-prepared for the exam. Did it in 30 minutes, got 100%. 30 questions were easy. 9 required a bit of thought. 1 had me stuck between 2 answers. In the end I guessed. Clearly I guessed the correct answer!

Thanks to members of this forum for all the assistance. Next up, journey to ITIL Expert!

Comments

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I passed as well in November. Was annoyed by the long winded questions. I am glad it is one of those certifications that doesn't expire. Congratulations on passing!!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • jonwinterburnjonwinterburn Member Posts: 161 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I passed as well in November. Was annoyed by the long winded questions. I am glad it is one of those certifications that doesn't expire. Congratulations on passing!!

Thanks! And congrats to you too. I didn't find the questions particularly long-winded to be honest. They were straightforward. But then I recently passed CISSP. Now THAT is a long-winded exam with nasty trip-up questions. Are you going to push further into ITIL?
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    No, I am not..going down the database path.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • moe411moe411 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks to members of this forum for all the assistance. Next up, journey to ITIL Expert!

Congratulations and good luck for the rest of your certification !!
  • Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good cert to have and the knowledge too. Well done.
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • slee335slee335 Member Posts: 124
    congrats passed myself last week.
  • ItsmHarunItsmHarun Member Posts: 178
    Congratulations, Thanks for sharing helpful information.