Which MTA ?

PlayMaker88PlayMaker88 Member Posts: 35 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have my 98-349 already which MTA cert would help the most for a help desk position ?

Comments

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Look at the job listings for help desk in your area, what certifications do they want?
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • PlayMaker88PlayMaker88 Member Posts: 35 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Look at the job listings for help desk in your area, what certifications do they want?
    So you think A+ or a degree is the only way to secure a help desk position ?
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Is that what the listings name as a requirement? Some places allow you to take the course while employed there on condition that you will pass the test.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
    Pretty much , but all are asking for previous experience
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Pretty much , but all are asking for previous experience

Yep, pretty much every job ad asks for previous experience, it doesn't mean they will get someone with it... Go ahead and apply to those too
  • FayzFayz Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Most help desk positions ask for A+ for sure and at times Network+, so i would go for those two. You could also maybe invest in an HDI certification if money is not an issue. Many will ask for experience on top of the certifications so experience is essential to landing the position. If you want to focus on the next MTA you could take the MTA 98-366 Networking Fundamentals.
    Fayz wrote: »
    Most help desk positions ask for A+ for sure and at times Network+, so i would go for those two. You could also maybe invest in an HDI certification if money is not an issue. Many will ask for experience on top of the certifications so experience is essential to landing the position. If you want to focus on the next MTA you could take the MTA 98-366 Networking Fundamentals.

Thanks !