Options

Plz help in CISSP

semsem010semsem010 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi all,
as i finised Sybex 8 & Practice Tests 2nd Edition. can u plz tell me wt the diff. between these 2 books by Eric Conrad:
1- CISSP Study Guide Third Edition (598 pages)
2-Eleventh Hour CISSP Third Edition (224 pages)

and wt about these books, shall i read it also:
1- cissp-dummies-6th
2- CISSP in 21 Days Second Edition by M. L. Srinivasan

also, shall i start reading AIO by Shon Harris or official isc 2 guide?
i am so confused, so many books to read/Practice Tests to do?
thanks all

Comments

• Options
    lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The Eleventh Hour book and to a lesser extent, the CISSP in 21 days were written as a refresher for most people already working in the cyber field. The AIO Shon Harris book is comprehensive and meant for people that need to fill in knowledge gaps. There are eight domains and not everyone has worked in all eight of them so the Shon Harris books are good to gain whatever knowledge you might need for the exam.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
  • Options
    semsem010semsem010 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    lucky0977 wrote: »
    The Eleventh Hour book and to a lesser extent, the CISSP in 21 days were written as a refresher for most people already working in the cyber field. The AIO Shon Harris book is comprehensive and meant for people that need to fill in knowledge gaps. There are eight domains and not everyone has worked in all eight of them so the Shon Harris books are good to gain whatever knowledge you might need for the exam.

thanks so much but i spent 3 months to finish Sybex 8 & Practice Tests 2nd Edition, now i need action plan for the exam, i cant spend another 3 months to finish AIO by Shon Harris or official isc 2 guide.

i am so confused wht to do to get ready for the exam soon?
    note: i dont have much exp. in IT but i passed CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT last yr.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    OP, make sure you check the "passed CISSP" threads so you can see what others used.

In my case, the Harris book was just too much and I only used it for my two weaket domains. I also found the OIG difficult to swallow so just ended up perusing it.
  • Options
    lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You should start doing practice exams just so you know how questions will be asked on the real exam. You'll be able to notice where your weak points are if you take notice of the questions you get wrong. You'll find that you're stronger on some domains and weaker than others so focus on the weak areas.
    I wouldn't recommend reading an entire book all over again and that is why it's better to start doing practice questions to see where your knowledge gap is and just re-read those areas.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+