Welcome, new members! Before you head out into the wild, please take some time to review our forum rules and terms of service.
Rules of Engagement
- Be a nice human. TechExams is a discussion forum for IT professionals and those aiming to become one. Be professional, kind and respectful at all times — posts that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening or otherwise violative of any laws will be deleted.
- Stay on topic. TechExams is organized topically to keep conversations relevant and improve member experience. Please post all “off topic” discussions in the Off Topic thread. Miscategorized, duplicate or cross-posted discussions will be migrated or deleted per forum moderator discretion.
- No cheaters allowed. Posting actual exam questions and/or promoting, condoning and linking to brain **** sites will lead to a permanent ban. If it violates your NDA, do NOT post it on this site.
- No stealing. Posts including copyrighted material are not allowed.
No shameless promotion. If your primary goal of forum membership is to generate leads and revenue for your company, you must disclose your company affiliation in your signature (no commercial links!). Don’t worry, you’re still welcome here! But your posts must be constructive and helpful, or they will be marked as spam and removed per forum moderator discretion. Here’s an example of an acceptable signature for sales representatives:
Alan Turing, Account Executive
Enigma Corp | Cryptanalysis Software & Services
Proofread. We well written posts! Typos and poor grammar will make your posts harder to read, making it even harder for you to get help or help others.
- If you see something, say something! While we attempt to keep all questionable posts off this site, we cannot review all discussions. If you see an offensive post, please flag it or report the post directly to forum moderators.
Rule Violation Consequences
Members who violate any of the rules above may be banned from the community; consequences will vary by significance of violation. We use “warnings” to alert members of infractions, which work on a point system. There are three levels:
- Notice: 0 points
- Minor: 2 points, expires in 1 week
- Major: 3 points, expires in 2 weeks
Members who receive three warning points are “jailed.” Being jailed means:
- A jail icon is overlaid over your avatar
- You can’t start new discussions
- You can only post once every 150 seconds
- Your signature is hidden
Members who reach 5 (non-expired) points will be temporarily banned.
Terms of Service
- By joining our community, you acknowledge and agree forum administrators and moderators may delete, delete, move or close any post or discussion at any time.
- You must be at least 18 years old to join the community. By becoming a member, you warrant you are at least 18 years old.
- All messages express the views of the author; TechExams and Infosec will not be held responsible for the content of any message.
- By posting in our forums you grant us a non-exclusive right to publish that content in our community. Any personal information will be removed per request. Members who “wish to be forgotten” may request all of their past posts be moved under an anonymized author name.
- TechExams and its subcommunities are owned by Infosec. We will never sell or share your information with third parties, but we may use your email provided during registration to send you updates about the community, including activity notifications. As a member, you control how you are notified. While some users prefer to be notified by growl pop-ups, some may prefer to be notified by email. To see or modify these settings, access your individual "notification preferences" on your profile page.