Options

Good practice exams for CCNA recertification?

pestariopestario Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Before the big "Crash" I was working for an ISP and went though several Cisco Certifications. CCNA, CCNP+Secuirty and even passed the CCIE written test. Shortly there after the company I was working for colapsed and I was out of work for quite some time. Anyway I'm now working for a very large stable company and working as the lead Technician for the company's Wide Area Network team. I want to recertify my CCNA and move on to CCIP staring with the MPLS exam as that is what we will be implemting later in the year. Once I'm recertified with my CCNA I also want to help each of my techs obtain a CCNA certification.

I always found practice exams very effective at "pounding" information into my head and also worked well for me as I could study at work. Could answer several questions and if interupeted by a call or watever else could pick right back up. Where I find it had to study this way with books.

Anyway Boson exams were pretty good back when I orgianlly got my CCNA in 2000. Are these still good exams? What else would you recommend on this end. I do work with Cisco routers everyday so I'm hoping alot of it will be review and refreshers for me.

Thanks for listening

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The test engine in the Cisco Press Flash Cards and Practice Exams looks like its the Boson Engine. They come in CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, and CCVP "flavors."

There is no CCIP Flashcard set for the CCIP, so you'd have to go with the Boson Practice Exams.

Transcender had a good reputation in the past -- not sure if they offer MPLS practice exam.

Preplogic is another "legitimate" practice exam provider to check out -- not sure if they offer MPLS..

The BGP and MPLS were the two Cisco exams where I used almost all the time given for the exam -- lots of exhibit type questions.

Since there's lots of BGP in the MPLS exam, you might want to consider the BGP exam first.... or the Composite BGP+MPLS exam.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!