Options

+_+_DO NOT BEND_+_+

snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
I figured I sould share my frustration with you:

You know, its the simple things in life that can really irritate people. Im sorry for all you USPS fans or employees, but this mailman is perhaps one of the most ignorant people ive ever encountered.

when the only things on the front of an oversized envelope say COMPTIA and DO NOT BEND in their respective font sizes, you would expect some sort of proactive thinking on behalf of the postman.

what is expected:
My Mailman wrote:
oh look, an oversized letter that says 'do not bend'. Perhaps I will deliver this letter right by his doorstep, just like the last large envelope I delivered to him.

what happened:
My Mailman wrote:
oh look, and oversized letter that says 'do not bend'. I will fold it into thirds and stuff it in his tiny mailbox. He wont know the differnce nor care.

**insert bending and stuffing noise here**

END RESULT

12821322970.jpg

12821322955.jpg

12821322918.jpg

Thanks Local Mailman for deforming my certification!!! icon_evil.gif

The cert itself is not too bad. But the thing is, it should have been flat as a freaking board if he would have just read the front of the letter and walked that extra 200 feet to deliver at my doorstep. What makes me even more upset it that he delivered to my door with my last cert. Thanks for actually reading all of this icon_lol.gif

Rant complete....
**** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security

Comments

• Options
    markzabmarkzab Member Posts: 619
    Frame it. Problem solved. icon_wink.gif
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky
  • Options
    boyles23boyles23 Member Posts: 130
    My wife used to work for the postal service so I can rant about them. My mailman is ID10T and a jerk(This comment is inclusive to my mailman, please no hate mail by other postal employees). Enough said. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    markzab wrote:
    Frame it. Problem solved. icon_wink.gif

already got the frame buddy icon_cool.gif

boyles23 wrote:
    My wife used to work for the postal service so I can rant about them. My mailman is ID10T and a jerk(This comment is inclusive to my mailman, please no hate mail by other postal employees). Enough said.

agreed, not ripping on the entire USPS, just this one mailmans very poor judgement. icon_sad.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mark a box FRAGILE in big letters and send it through UPS...

They will abuse that box as much as possible. It is more of an invitation than a warning.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    You can complain to your local post office. Destruction of
    mail is a federal offense....

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode18/usc_sec_18_00001703----000-.html
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • Options
    markzabmarkzab Member Posts: 619
    seraphus wrote:

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode18/usc_sec_18_00001703----000-.html

I think the LAST thing you wanna do is get your mailman fired...

157006LRtp_w.jpg
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    seraphus wrote:

Just get a larger mailbox.

USPS is one pretty tough job. Yeah, overall it's 'easy' work, but the psychology of 'NEVER' having an ending point of ones work is very stressful. No matter how efficiently a person works....there will be more mail to sort and deliver.

Also, there isn't another industry that handles the volume of material they handle per day...EVERYDAY...as efficiently as they do. Overall, they do a pretty decent job. I'd rather send packages through them then Fed-X....but it really depends where you live, because there was a point where I'd cringe each time UPS was delivering and preferred Fed-x....however the USPS has not let me down (especially when sending mail priority).

I've also shipped to the UK several times with no problem.

Glad to hear your certificate was only slightly bent and not damaged. CompTIA would charge you $15 for a new one :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Overall they do an excellent job. I can quote you facts all day.

I know. I supported them for four years.

Destroying someone's property is illegal. No one has to be
    afraid to defend that.

icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    seraphus wrote:

afraid to defend that.

icon_wink.gif

I hear what your saying and since you 'know' your facts....even you know that a person would need to prove that there was malicious intent to destroy the mail. A slight roll to fit inside the standard mailbox would be pretty tough task to convince a jury that it was done maliciously.

Similarly someone rolling a church bulletin, a magazine, office memo, etc... isn't done to be destructive, but to 'protect' the document from bends, tears and just ease of carrying.

Anyway, it's in a frame and sounds like it's safe and sound.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Plantwiz wrote:
    seraphus wrote:

afraid to defend that.

icon_wink.gif

I hear what your saying and since you 'know' your facts....even you know that a person would need to prove that there was malicious intent to destroy the mail. A slight roll to fit inside the standard mailbox would be pretty tough task to convince a jury that it was done maliciously.

Similarly someone rolling a church bulletin, a magazine, office memo, etc... isn't done to be destructive, but to 'protect' the document from bends, tears and just ease of carrying.

Anyway, it's in a frame and sounds like it's safe and sound.

Wow dude. Ok.

Knowing my facts... lol

Listen, you know as well as anyone else that you don't need to "go to court"
    to resolve this issue. Also, I believe that envelope says "DO NOT BEND."

As a consumer, you can simply make a complaint to the Postmaster
    at your local post office and the situation will more than likely be
    resolved. Snadam vented, and I simply added advice like anyone else
    would.

:)
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Similar thing happened to me where the postie didnt look what was written on the letter.

Take on letter too large to fit through my letterbox so it was left propped against the front door.

Not so bad if it wasnt important but this package read:

NATWEST BANK : PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL

It did annoy me to start with but I thought hey, everyone has a bad day at some point and there was no harm done in the end.
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    milliampmilliamp Member Posts: 135
    Mishra wrote:

They will abuse that box as much as possible. It is more of an invitation than a warning.

You speak the truth.
  • Options
    mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    Mishra wrote:

HAHAHAHA I used to work for UPS...and I never abused any packages. icon_twisted.gif
    Working on Linux+
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    snadam wrote:
    I figured I sould share my frustration with you:

You know, its the simple things in life that can really irritate people. Im sorry for all you USPS fans or employees, but this mailman is perhaps one of the most ignorant people ive ever encountered.

when the only things on the front of an oversized envelope say COMPTIA and DO NOT BEND in their respective font sizes, you would expect some sort of proactive thinking on behalf of the postman.

what is expected:
    My Mailman wrote:
    oh look, an oversized letter that says 'do not bend'. Perhaps I will deliver this letter right by his doorstep, just like the last large envelope I delivered to him.

what happened:
    My Mailman wrote:
    oh look, and oversized letter that says 'do not bend'. I will fold it into thirds and stuff it in his tiny mailbox. He wont know the differnce nor care.

**insert bending and stuffing noise here**

END RESULT

12821322970.jpg

12821322955.jpg

12821322918.jpg

Thanks Local Mailman for deforming my certification!!! icon_evil.gif

The cert itself is not too bad. But the thing is, it should have been flat as a freaking board if he would have just read the front of the letter and walked that extra 200 feet to deliver at my doorstep. What makes me even more upset it that he delivered to my door with my last cert. Thanks for actually reading all of this icon_lol.gif

Rant complete....

It doesn't look that bad, it could be a lot worse.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looks like those chocolate chip cookies made it okay... icon_lol.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Looks like those chocolate chip cookies made it okay... icon_lol.gif

yea, they DID make it better icon_lol.gif Haha I figured nobody would notice the cookies in the back!

Initially I was upset, more annoyed than anything. Now though its just funny. Like most said, once its in the frame, it wont matter.

Its hard to determine 'tone' or 'emotion' when reading text, but I can assure you it was all meant in a humorous nature.

I live in a place where the mailboxes are centralized in one location in a giant metal box. So, unfortunately, i cant get a bigger mailbox. I have no problem with the post office, this is really the first incident ive had with them. It would be nice though to see some sort of common sense (for lack of better word) in this situation.

• Options
    blackmage439blackmage439 Member Posts: 163
    Not that I'm endorsing or insulting any company here, but just my 2 cents:

Despite what you may believe from watching the movie Cast Away, UPS is the ONLY airline company that supposedly does not have a single major accident in its record...
    "Facts are meaningless. They can be used to prove anything!"
    - Homer Simpson
  • Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    man some cookies sound good about now :)

but i've had equally good experience with all the big companies.... DHL, Fedex, UPS, and then USPS. USPS seems to be the fastest at times but maybe thats just because they deliver on saturday.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    Stan27Stan27 Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    UPS is my favorite, followed by FedEx, never used DHL.

USPS frustrates me. I will never forget, a few years ago now, I was at the post office and I saw a few unattended bins of mail outside, where people could easily grab some letters and walk away.

That wasn't the problem... the problem was when the wind scattered all of the mail in the bins across the parking lot and street.

This image comes to mind every time I go to the post office.

Also, USPS's online tracking thing is awful. It doesn't update that your package is in transit until you've already gotten it.

UPS's tells you exactly where it is, and what is happening with it at what time. I sign for packages and run upstairs to my computer, which shows the exact time, and my name as the signer.
  • Options
    blackmage439blackmage439 Member Posts: 163
    Just thought I'd note:

Just recieved my A+ certificate recently. It was in perfect condition (thankfully). I was a little nervous after I read this topic... icon_confused.gif
    "Facts are meaningless. They can be used to prove anything!"
    - Homer Simpson
  • Options
    Just thought I'd note:

Just recieved my A+ certificate recently. It was in perfect condition (thankfully). I was a little nervous after I read this topic... icon_confused.gif

lol yea. Im glad your cert is in pristine condition.

mine looks good in the frame BTW icon_wink.gif