Options

Thank you to all who helped me! Passed CCNA 854!

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey buds. I passed my CCNA with a humble 854!!!!!!!!!!!!!
a pass is a pass!

I really skipped one sim because I didn't know what they wanted. I have never seen what they were asking before no kidding. I did some of it but was wasting too much time. I just cut my losses and jammed! I also didn't know 2 more questions that I had never seen before.
I suck at educated guesses! So I am happy I passed. I have been working too hard.
I just finishe 5 college classes in Computer Science and my ccna exam. Way too much work.
Taking a month off to have some fun buidling my own home ccnp.itdaddy.net blog
and working on doing 6to4 tunneling to the IPV6 Internet 2 world. I need to play to keep going.
Wish I was a cert hound but I need to play and do some fun things to remind me why I am in IT.
Yeah the big bucks but I have to have a month or 2 off to play. I have been doing too much.
I am finishing my BS degree in computer science and well that take priority but I promised my friend G that I would trickle the BSCI studies of which I will. But I wanted to thank all of you who put up with maybe some dumb questions I asked. Thank you to you all.
This is an awesome tech forum with some tough but good dudes. wish we all could have some
beers together some day that would be great!
Robert (aka itdaddy)
waaaaahoooooooooooooo!

Comments

• Options
    skeet2331skeet2331 Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.

I know a lot of us have visited your blog and look forward to your CCNP topics. Enjoy the month off. You have earned it with cisco and computer science classes.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It seems like you have been working on this FOREVER. It must be nice to finally get it out of the way. All those extra classes sure do slow you down. I know how that goes. Congratulations on the pass. Take some time to do something fun; you've definitely earned it!

Good luck on the 'NP as well!
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Rob,

Ive seen many of your posts and your hard work has paid off mate!

enjoy it and have some beers on me! drunken_smilie.gif
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, you did it! icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    itdaddy wrote:
    wish we all could have some beers together some day that would be great!
    Are you buying? :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    mikej412 wrote:
    itdaddy wrote:

If so I'm in :D
  • Options
    PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    Free beer?

I have been just looking for another reason to visit Wisconsin.. near Milwaukee .. i have a few friends up there
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    congrats! :D:D
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote:
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    itdaddy wrote:

If you throw in some Wisconsin cheese, I'm in! icon_lol.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Dynamik

that is funny. I have been working on it forever..but yeah I decided to finish my BS degree in computer science (.net crap, java,C...etc.)programming. They say programmers make good network engineers...I think it just makes a guy drink beer more! ;) But thanks..

nel

thank you. I hope in the next 2 months get my own blog using wordpress.org blog template and host my own blog. I really like to do my own work building IT stuff from ground up. It really helps me do my job better. I can understand deeper things. And I want to play with my Cisco 1700 router to 6t4 tunnel with IPV6 broker to the IPv6 world (They call it Internet 2) I hope to be posting how I did it on my ccnp blog. tooo.

ITdude

I have alway loved your avatar name. It is totally cool man! ITdude! hahah cool!
    Thanks.

Mikej412

love that cat too of yours and thanks and YES I am buying. But you have to admit after so many years it would be cool have a get together but say in Hawaii or South America Colombia
    where we can see chicks and drink beer and talk about our goals and s h i t! ;)

Shednik

but did mike tell you that you have to chip in the cost of the beer though?? haahaha
    thanks ;) feels good
    ;)

Skeet2331

Yeah, thanks I like to play so I hope to add some of the ipv6 6to4 tunneling and maybe how i made my own home blog as well. i hope to call it ccnp dot itdaddy dot net I already have the domain name just need to host it on my home server and set up some static mappings to my webserver. and i am going to redo my rack; hee tired or the cd holders separating my cisco routers. hee hee workd but my friend G has gotten his rack and i will post that vendor here so you guys can check it out but nice rack and is reaasoble priceed. way better to have a rack to be able to take down and put back up if you wanted to upgrade ram on your devices. plus i can make it look more professional. i am moving up no more baby stuff! haa i hope to post my rack as well and stuff. thanks to all buds...now back to my wine coolers. had to move to Mikes Hard lemonade I like the berry ones. I dont sweat as much haah beer is good but makes me sweat; oh yeah been working on my son 89 CRX restoring that baby so on my old and new blog will post the finished product as well. wish i could fit my ccna/ccnp rack in the crx kind of like PIMP my CRX but with Cisco gear wonder if Cisco would give me my own CCNP kit?? hee heee
    as their sponsor haaa ;)
    see you soon . keep watching if I have been gone awhile I am still hear getting ready!
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    allow me to congratulate you. anybody who works hard deserves a congrats!

Also, I will have a Sam Adams Boston Lager, please :)
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    snadam

blood sweat and tears man. actually it wouldnt have been so hard but took on college classes in computer science so juggling CCNA with Computer Science upper classes is hard; don't do it unless you want to be crazy when you are done. it makes a guy nutz almost depressed when
    you cut back on the studies; but I will go on to CCNP but in the next 2 months going to do some playing to get me back in the mood ;) thank you.

and yeah i really like the thick beers. I went to a Rennaissance fair once and they had the best beer it was in the big big what you call them barrels and it was dark and man i was hammerd off of 2 glasses..and the girl i was with was a cute blonde with really BIG perkies hee hee
    oh were the days beer and perkies ahahahaa ;)
    yeah! bam!
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    TechDivaTechDiva Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you. Just from reading your posts and the questions you were so kind to answer for me, I know you've worked hard for this. I was hoping to have mine by now but I fell off a little bit. But hearing your good news has been motivation to pick back up. I wish you the very best with the Comp. Sci. degree as well.
  • Options
    wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    Congratulations!! No such thing as a dumb question.
  • Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats itdaddy!
  • Options
    Silver Bullet

thanks cool avatar man cool!

Wbosher

thanks yeah you are right but I have at times caused a stir hee hee

astorr

thanks you

TechDiva
    oh yeah awesome avator fits well; she is hot! haah ;) i love the super hero crap!haha
    i like them all !

any time I sent you a PM you can email me and I can tell you how I prepared.
    Believe me what I did helped me...

I am going to post some of my training to help others not that my score was stellar
    even though I can do way more that what I was tested on. I can reveal some of my study techniques that others can use if they want to help them. i will post on my blog
    this weekend

itdaddy dot wordpress dot com is my bl o g!

thanks; yeah i feel good but I heard it takes like 6 to 8 weeks to get your cert in the mail hahaa
    i laughed when I heard that bust your butt and then wait ahahahahahahah
    I am off now to play with my new toys ;) hee hee
  • Options
    ITdude

dude wisconsin cheese is the best!

I know this little town in Wis close by here makes theeee best cheese curds in the world.
    called Rudolph Cheese factory in Rudolph WI

like they have maybe 100 or 50 people population but it is a good size cheese factory.
    and they make theee best cheese curds...how do I know??

Among my many trades, I use to drive big rig tankers 48 footers and alittle bigger to haul
    whey from dairys not milk man whey man from dairys and well i would sample each dairys cheese curds to see if they were better. all were okay but compared to rudolphs man Rudolph cheese curds the white ones are to die for no kidding so if you want fresh cheese curds
    i go and buy them right after they make em..cheese curds are good after you cool them
    but you have put them in the microave and nuke them for like 10-12 seconds and man
    they are terrific aye! hahaha;
    that is my Wis speal. I was also from California and well California has great fruits and such
    but their cheese andmilk so so good ; Wis is still the best cheese in the world...

I think it has to do with alll the HOT Amish chicks working in the dairys ahahaha
    ahahahaa ;)
    with the hair still on their pits ahahhahahahaa haha;0
    just kidding amish people are cool the cool old buggies and such we have many of them here. aye! hahah
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Very cool, indeed. Congrats on the pass, I know the feeling of finally knocking an exam of that magnitude out. You feel like you've just won Gold in Beijing. It definitely sounds like you've had your hands full, but I'm willing to bet it's going to pay off in hurry. Between the CCNA, the B.S. in Computer Science, the CCNP on the horizon, and the amount of knowledge you've gained in the time I've seen you posting on here, you're going to be unstoppable.

Congrats again, and enjoy the weekend with some liquid comedy! :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    well done fella good result all the same....

dont sweat about the questions you didnt know chances are they were testers...... but either way you passed and thats all that matters.....
    i dont know of anyone who's ever been asked there score irl..... pretty much everyone in the industry knows its a tough exam so passing it is all that matters icon_smile.gif

beers...... yep ill even get a round or two in so line em up.......
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    Nishesh.PrasadNishesh.Prasad Member Posts: 185
    good work m8 :) .... cheers !
    MCITP: EA 2008| VCP4| MCSE 2003 | CCNA | MCSA 2003: Security | MCDST | Security+ | ITILV3
  • Options
    aragoen_celtdraaragoen_celtdra Member Posts: 246
    About time you get with the program icon_twisted.gif Actually about time I bump this thread back up with my congratulatory message: Congratulations :D

I hear free beer is in order and that you're buying? I don't drink but in the spirit of camaraderie and appease the famous greek god bacchus (aka dionysus), here's to you drunken_smilie.gif
    CCIE Wr: In Progress...
    Hours CCIE Wr Prep: 309:03:52
    Follow my study progress at Route My World!
    My CCIE Thread
  • Options
    Slowhand.

what said was really encouraging to me.. it has been a hard road but I think you are right
    combo BSCS with CCNP...that to me is a strong combo. I love IT and I just like learning all kinds of cool stuff. Like pay me to play kind of thing. I wish I had time to get 100 certs. but after I finish my BS and CCNP..I would like to get certs like CEH/Linux+ because well it sounds fun
    that is if Aragoen doesnt convince me to finish a CCIE..that is one guy who will be a CCIE and that is Aragoen_Celtdra...that guy is a mover and shaker ....me my goals are to keep expanding my on the side IT business I take care of the mid to small guy who needs an on site Tech and doesnt want to spend 100 to 120 an hour like most of the operations can charge (they usuallly take care of mid to large companies) so they dont have time for the mid and small guy.So what I have found (my business is call IT Daddy) like who's your daddy??? haah
    but I have some accounts I do and charge them half of what I could technically charge and helps me pay some debts off and take care of my 17 year old son. Yeah, I work full time but
    I get paid crap what I should be getting paid, but I am patient. We get all the cool toys since we are a credit union so it pays off since I am gaining lots of experience..and I am the network admin technically inclinded...so long story short thanks Slowhand. I tell my son all the time.
    If you work hard and are honest and give people breaks, the Good Lord will provide a way.
    I so far my hard work has paid off and encourage all dudes and dudettes to persue their dreams. no matter how old. have fun and just do it. I have been around young and old and well everyone has a talent in IT and I listen to everyone - if they can prove their point well- hee hee.
    So again thanks for the rockin works of encouragement.

Laidbackfreak

thank you and cool name man; cool!

Nishsh.prasad

thank you man cheersto you

and my Good friend Aragon_Celtdra

you the man dude. being honest man; you should drink ! hahah no just kidding man
    I dont drink per se either but man for some reason there is nothing like a nice beer on a hot day
    or with pizza! and once in a while wine coolers i like mikes hard lemonade cause I dont sweat when i drink those but beer makes me sweat. And I like a huge beer they give you at a Texas Road House steak house it is nice. But I social drink; hee so if you dont drink good that is why
    you almost aced your ccna exam man that is why you will be a CCIE. .. if anyone will be a CCIE
    "G" it is going to be you. you are the man. I can see you writing books with Odem man and Bryant...me I will see you at the top dude...You will see me..I do have that itch tooooo ;)
    but for sure you will be a CCIE yu have what it takes....but I have to dog you man.
    I know you love GNS3/Dyamips but I am going to scrounge to build my lab up for CCNP the next 2 months or so. I will find some good prices switches. I love my 2511 access router and
    the speed of telnet or ssh sessions. I hate how slow GNS3 is and I have a nice fast laptop with 3GB of ram..i wish it was not so RAM intensive. GNS3 is nice and I will use it for some stuff but I need my real lab. In fact G I plan on getting the rack you bought and I will post th elink on this tech forum cause man...They have some screaming deals I am sure others would want. I am leaving my CD holders that separate my 2500 and 2600 routers for a real rack time to step up to be a pro! heee

but thanks again for you encouragement.

And G and others I would buy the beers or cokes if we all some day when we are old hee (never) and meet on say Gilagins island and have a IT party with dancing girls; no wives ! haha
    ahaha Just kidding ;

see you guys at the top!
    oh yeah G you from Southern Calif? no wonder we get along I am from California originally
    So I know what it is like :0 that is why I say dude; can't seem to shake that word from my mouth cool ;)

robert (itdaddy)