Passed Exam - 1st Attempt

TalkSecTalkSec Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi folks !!

Passed CISSP Exam today on first attempt .. kind of almost with rescheduling it many time.

here is my struggle

1. I booked exam for august , 2012 and then keep rescheduling it . almost 8 times , spend like ~$300 alone on rescheduling.
2. I was not prepared in past or did not prepared much this time. Seeing other folks spend few months and number of hours .. i was kind of feeling I have not done enough .

This time , I just read for a day and half . Decided that this is the last attempt else I will cancel it all together . (btw, I am in security for last 9 years .. mostly on management )

Study material - I have all sorts of CISSP books ,but i just read 11th Hour CISSP and listen some of Shanon's videos .

For Test Question Practice : ccure.org free test , I just did like 50 -60 questions and was scoring around 60 % .

I knew my weak points were Cryptography and Networking and spend most time on reading about it .

Advice for folks : don't do the mistake that I made icon_smile.gif , give the exam.

Comments

• cisspercissper Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats TalkSec.
    Did 11th Hour CISSP cover all the key terms or basic details for the questions you encountered?

I did read the the CISSP Study guide, but now just focusing on 11th Hour. I occasionally found 11th hour was missing some key terms that were mentioned in CISSP study guide.
  • TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kindly shed some light on the exam. How difficult was it and what sort of questions did you encounter?
    OSCP: Loading . . .
  • TalkSecTalkSec Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi , Exam was challenging spl it's number of questions and the time ,but tried to keep me focus by taking few breaks

3 in total - like 5 minute each .

Question were OK , most of are from manager's perspective and you can find more online. I can compare it to CISM , just little bit more on tech terminology .

-- 11th hours covers most of topics ,but nothing beat the experience and thinking as of you are manager. I faced most of question like that .

Best of Luck !!
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    Congrats.

Go ahead and change ...

Certifications CISA,CISM, CISSP
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2