Fill in the blank questions

PenguPengu Member Posts: 46 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys, I have just done a practice test on the LPI website powered by uCertify.

Well, I got a lot of questions wrong, in particular I got pretty much all the fill in the blank questions wrong.

i.e. the answer for one should have been ls -la and I put ls -al

Another was echo Hello World! and I put echo 'Hello World!'

Are the Linux+ questions as harsh as that? if they are then I have no chance of passing!

Comments

• sasnimrodsasnimrod Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't think that when doing the exam you will be expected to answer the options (such as -al in the ls command) in any particular order. It wouldn't make sense to have CompTIA / LPI mark the question as incorrect when you have answered with the correct options.

Just read the questions carefully so that you do not provide 'extra' options which are not asked for and remember to study the location/paths of important Linux config files and you're all set :)
  • BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
    Generally the exam will specify what it wants in the question. Eg give me the full path to...
  • snosno Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    From what I recall questions like the ones you submitted at going to have multiple choice answers.

The fill in the blank questions were more specific. I wouldn't worry about it, just be sure to note any specific instructions the question states, like 'present the command without any flags'.
  • W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ls -al works just the same as ls -la. The order of the flags don't matter and anyone that tells you it does is probably a bsd user. echo 'Hello Wordl!' also works. I wouldn't waste time with whatever practice exam you were taking. It sounds like it was written by somebody who never used a linux terminal and got all of their knowledge from a book.
  • showtime10showtime10 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good Evening,

I was wondering if anyone took the LX0-101 exam recently, and how did they approach the fill-in-the blank section. I'm sure there's more than one correct answer to each question, but how are we supposed to answer. Do we put multiple answers down, or just one? Do we answer with the command only, or provide the entire directory? What if one of the fill-in-the blanks doesn't specify how to answer. For example, if the answer to a question was the #4, do we put 4,Four or one or the other. What if the answer to a question was /usr/bin/hexdump,/usr/bin/od,hexdump,od? Do we put that entire answer down, or just the /usr/bin/hexdump.....or /usr/bin/od.....or hexdump.....or od? Thanks for the answer to my question in advanced.
  • DatheralDatheral Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I can't remember the first exam as much but I did just take the 102 exam and honestly all of the fill in the blank questions were generic "What is the command that does this?" or "What is the file/directory for this?".

You certainly only get to place in one answer not multiple. None of the command questions asked for options so those were very easy (and I think they specify just the command not the full path for those, certainly that's all I put in). As far as the directory and file questions they say you NEED the full path and I never put in the "/" after directories and I'm pretty sure I got them all correct.

Hope that helps.
    Datheral,

Thanks for the response. That definitely helped out a lot, and now I'm certain, that kept me from passing the LX0-101 exam. Maybe I should have clarified before taking. Just to make sure that we are on the same page,when they ask for the command, you just entered "od", and if the full path is needed for the directory, "/bin/od". Also, the same goes for the file? Thanks again!
  • DatheralDatheral Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah the way you are entering would be correct! Oh yeah and you wont have to worry about it for the first test but for the 102 there was also SQL question, I made sure to type the commands in all caps like "WHERE", but you don't have to worry about that for the 101.
    I really appreciate it Datheral! Although the end results were bad in my case, a few days ago, it's good to know or figure out what was the issue.
  • BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
    Check the practice questions on comptia website.

That would be my recommendation. It will introduce you to how questions are worded and the answers that are expected etc..

CompTIA Linux+ Powered by LPI Certification
  • mokaibamokaiba Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Bryzey wrote: »
    Check the practice questions on comptia website.

That would be my recommendation. It will introduce you to how questions are worded and the answers that are expected etc..

CompTIA Linux+ Powered by LPI Certification

Direct links for those who dont want to fill out silly forms.

Linux+ Practice Questions

Linux+ Practice Questions