Anyone have a CSSLP?

ratbuddyratbuddy Member Posts: 665
Seems hella rare, I never see folks mention it. Is it just not useful?

Comments

• 5ekurity5ekurity Member Posts: 346 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A buddy of mine has it, but I have no idea what he is doing with it. I'd think he gets more use out of the CISSP knowledge than the CSSLP in his current role.
  • Grafixx01Grafixx01 Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I know a guy who is TRYING to get it but cannot read the book because it is way, way to dry according to him. He says it's better than the CISSP book to cure insomnia though.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
    The CSSLP is for people whose profession is software development or quality assurance using the Secure Software Development Life Cycle (SSDLC). You need four years professional working experience working in the SSDLC, or three years with a CS or IT degree. It's not a cert that new or non-software developers would go for. The CSSLP CIB has much more information.

The CSSLP was announced in 2008, but there are only only 1248 CSSLP holders as of April 2014. All of the early CSSLP holders were qualified SSDLC people who were grandfathered in to the cert without needing to take the exam.
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    First thing I thought when I read "CSSLP" was "Certified Security Speech Language Pathologist". Thanks for clearing it up Murray, interesting cert!